Valued Contributor

I'm looking for feedback on the above in the Original Waist pants. I've worn these for several years but had to up a size this year due to the COVID 15. I think they are unnecessarily tight in the legs, particularly the calf area. I tried going up yet another size, so 2 sizes from last year, but they were too big although I liked the way they fit in the legs. Have other's noticed this? I know that either last year or the year before Land's End decided to go trendy and tightened all the legs on their pants...even PJ's and I'm wondering if it's something like that. Trying to emulate the skinny jean or something. 

Respected Contributor

Re: D&C pants change in sizing?

In general, D&C pants do not fit me well at all anymore.  My sister also says the same thing.  I continue to wear the same size for years.  When it comes to a regular pant length pant, they are just too big on me.  It's literally droopy drawers and I'm pulling up my pants (the next size down it too small).  When it comes to crops, droopy drawers and falling pants and I do think the calf area is tighter.  I needed to buy some new crop pants this summer but I won't buy the D&C ones anymore.  I've been hoping the Quacker Factory crops would come into stock (straight leg) not with any bling or embellishment on it but so far no luck.

Valued Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

In general, D&C pants do not fit me well at all anymore.  My sister also says the same thing.  I continue to wear the same size for years.  When it comes to a regular pant length pant, they are just too big on me.  It's literally droopy drawers and I'm pulling up my pants (the next size down it too small).  When it comes to crops, droopy drawers and falling pants and I do think the calf area is tighter.  I needed to buy some new crop pants this summer but I won't buy the D&C ones anymore.  

Thanks. May I ask what other brands you buy? To tell the truth they don't fit me well either but I have been unable to find any other mostly cotton brand. They fall down at the waist and crotch for sure. I acutally buy the crop because that 23 length is exactly my inseam. If I want crop, I buy capri. Quaker Factory short is not petite and the regular are  way too long in the rise.  

Honored Contributor

No, everytime D&C come out with a new color in those pants, I buy it.  They always fit exactly the same.  I don't even try them on until their first wearing, I'm so confident in the sizing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Some Reviewers have said the same thing.  Also, the fabric changed too.

Heard Gary Goben say the other day nothing changed.  

So, who do you believe?  

When customers have been wearing these pants, can compare the new ones to those they have, don't you think they would know?

Esteemed Contributor

They changed for me a couple of years back. I ordered both black and a dark denim to have doubles. Ordered approximately a year apart. Totally different fit, too tight altho they were the same size as those I had (still have actually). One got returned the other I got an exchange a size up then they were too big. I gave up.

Contributor

I agree with you Kachina. I've bought the same size in many colors. I love the pedal pushers. They are a good length for me as I'm short.