Occasional Contributor

Am I the only one that does not like these jersery fabrics?

Valued Contributor

I prefer all cotton or mostly cotton with spandex.  I do not buy clothes that are slinky because I am older and hate anything that clings.  I have to say that I wish this brand would go back to basics and bring us more tee shirts in nicer colors and patterns.  Right now they are trying to be too "designer" with peplum, flutter, fit and flare, pleats, lace and so on.  It is very difficult to find a good quality cotton tee shirt with no extra stuff in any line on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@missmaggiesmom    Are you speaking of "Perfect Jersey"?  If so, no it has never been my favorite fabric.  Too much Spandex.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Love the heavenly jersey shirt that was a TSV last fall -  I buy maybe 99% of my clothes locally, but I'd buy more of this jersey if only I didn't live in tropical Florida.

I wore the shirt on Long Island right away, brought it to Florida with me, wore it a few times in December and January.  Some day I could try a short-sleeved top in this fabric - that is when the urge to shop returns.  I've misplaced that urge.

Trusted Contributor

@missmaggiesmom wrote:

Am I the only one that does not like these jersery fabrics?

No, you aren't.  Most of these new D&C fabrications are too thick.  And I just don't like the feel of them.  D&C seems to be going all over the place with material and new lines.  I can't keep track.  They shouldn't even call it D&C anymore, because it isn't!  

Respected Contributor

I hate it.  It is too thick and feels like I am wearing rubber.

I am a big D&C fan, buying almost all my tops from D&C, but I do not like the new fabrics.  They are too heavy and do not breathe.  I find myself wearing all of my old D&C versions and worry what happens when they wear out.  D&C needs to go back to what it was, as some of these new changes are making me NOT buy clothes from D&C when I used to buy almost ALL my clothes from them.

Occasional Contributor

I was looking for some new tops for summertime. Watching the D&C shows, well that is pretty. Well, everything is perfect jersey. What happened to cotton or cotton blend.. I thought maybe its me. I'm just out of touch with fashion. Thanks for making me feel a little better about things

Honored Contributor

@missmaggiesmom wrote:

I was looking for some new tops for summertime. Watching the D&C shows, well that is pretty. Well, everything is perfect jersey. What happened to cotton or cotton blend.. I thought maybe its me. I'm just out of touch with fashion. Thanks for making me feel a little better about things

@missmaggiesmom    All I've seen on D&C shows since January is clearance items, never anything new.  They've repeated items from last year and make a big deal of adding a new color.  You'd think at some point they'd "clear out of" clearance.  I've bought one top all spring when I usually get a bunch.  I think they're downgrading D&C in lieu of new designers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Most of  the QVC tops are either jerey or fleece.  They push them all as beging wearable in the summer.  They are not!  They are too hot to wear in the hot weather.  Even their capris  are made of the same material.  Do not order any of them any more.