Esteemed Contributor

D&C Easy Wear Twill Straight Leg Pants - Question

[ Edited ]

Does anyone own these 98% cotton pants yet? If so, are they a quality item? I love the style and hope it is a durable fabric. Nice that QVC is finally  offering customer's cotton trousers (pants to me are pull-ons). I'm delighted to see they have the zipper front with pockets (front and back) and the cuffed hems. And the straight legs are cooler for warm weather wear. Hope this style is exactly what we've been waiting for.

I didn't receive a fabric sample or questionnaire. This is exactly the kind of item I'd like to be asked questions about! 

For years, I've been wearing Chino's from LL Bean when jeans, crops or shorts are not appropriate or dress slacks or a skirt is too dressy. Would love to know if these are the same quality and material I love and wear. TIA!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: D&C Easy Wear Twill Straight Leg Pants - Question

I do not own any Denim & Co. Easy Wear Twill but I saw those pants you mentioned presented and decided to order the olive green because I thought they were so cute.  I’m hoping I ordered the right size!

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic   The olive green and navy are both very attractive to me! Hope you receive them soon and like them a lot. Please let me know how they fit and your thoughts on the material. I do like a beefy cotton for trousers, rather than a lightweight cotton (like used for skirts or shorts).  Many  thanks!

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady I’ll let you know.   It usually takes my Q items a full week to arrive. 

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic    That's fine. I'll wait to order if you like yours! 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Does anyone own these 98% cotton pants yet? If so, are they a quality item? I love the style and hope it is a durable fabric. Nice that QVC is finally  offering customer's cotton trousers (pants to me are pull-ons). I'm delighted to see they have the zipper front with pockets (front and back) and the cuffed hems. And the straight legs are cooler for warm weather wear. Hope this style is exactly what we've been waiting for.

I didn't receive a fabric sample or questionnaire. This is exactly the kind of item I'd like to be asked questions about! 

For years, I've been wearing Chino's from LL Bean when jeans, crops or shorts are not appropriate or dress slacks or a skirt is too dressy. Would love to know if these are the same quality and material I love and wear. TIA!

I'm curious about these pants also.  Wonder how they will wrinkle and how much ironing will be needed.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL  That's why I'm curious about the weight of the material. If it's a very lightweight fabric, it will look like a wrinkled mess before leaving the house! 

I'm anxious to hear back on the review(s). Also, today the same material was shown on some trousers without the cuffs which I might like better. Carolyn had them on D&C this AM and they are in pastels + navy. Have a feeling this material may become Gary's new fabric. Glad he's finally getting away from all the polyester! 

Wonder why this material isn't included in the Natural's Line? Would make a lot of sense. And, it's much more "natural" than many of the fabrics currently in that line. 

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady @JudyL 

I received the Denim & Co. cuffed Easy Wear Twill pants (A393962) and the material is very nice.  I like this new material. I think the weight is along the same line as chino’s I’ve bought at Lands End in the past (haven’t bought any in a few years) but softer.  I washed them on cold and dried flat per instructions.  There’s a few light wrinkles but nothing you have to iron unless you want to. I haven’t given them a long wearing test but I don’t feel like they are going to wrinkle badly when wearing.  If you decide on this version of Easy Wear Twill pants, I feel like they are meant to be slouchy but I think the sizing runs a bit big.  I bought them to fit my waist because the hip size was bigger than normal for that waist size and luckily I chose correctly.  I’m keeping mine - they look very cute and relaxed for spring, summer (when it’s not too hot for pants) and fall. 

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic  Oh happy day! Thanks for your prompt and excellent review. You covered the fabric questions perfectly! I'll place my order for the dark green and navy now. And your sizing comments were awesome. Smiley Very Happy   Many, many thanks! Wear them in good health this year. We do plan to get out and about this year, don't we? LOL