Honored Contributor

I always carefully sort my laundry into whites, medium tones and darks, mostly jeans.  Anytime I wash colors I use one of the Shout Color Grabbers.

I just took a load of mediums out of the dryer and discovered that a D&C pair of pants in a medium purple bled on and ruined 2 other pairs of pants and even left blotches on a teal towel.  Both of the ruined pants were new, an aqua and a chestnut color.

I'm thoroughly disgusted. In the past I've had trouble with bright turquoise colors bleeding and have ruined a number of pieces of clothing. I learned to wash them with dark jeans.  I recently had something bleed on and ruin a pair of D&C antique rose pants.  Most of my daily wardrobe is D&C so this dye problem is a major issue for me. I can't afford to keep replacing pants that have only been worn once. Gary Goben needs to talk to his manufacturers and fix this problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Any new piece of clothing that I get, I wash it by itself for the first wash, just in case there is some bleeding of the dye.  Not sure if you did that or not.  I have never had the problem you had, and I buy a lot of denim & co.  I don't think the washing instructions indicate to do that though.  I would call customer service and see if they can help you.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Went to Google cuz I couldn't remember if it was hot water to set color on new clothing....or cold.  According to that site - first wash should be in COLD water and then (never heard before) add SALT to help set the color and wash solo for the first time.  All by itselt.  I've never had your problem with any Q clothing - other issues like sizing and/or cheap thin material; but never colors running.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I always carefully sort my laundry into whites, medium tones and darks, mostly jeans.  Anytime I wash colors I use one of the Shout Color Grabbers.

I just took a load of mediums out of the dryer and discovered that a D&C pair of pants in a medium purple bled on and ruined 2 other pairs of pants and even left blotches on a teal towel.  Both of the ruined pants were new, an aqua and a chestnut color.

I'm thoroughly disgusted. In the past I've had trouble with bright turquoise colors bleeding and have ruined a number of pieces of clothing. I learned to wash them with dark jeans.  I recently had something bleed on and ruin a pair of D&C antique rose pants.  Most of my daily wardrobe is D&C so this dye problem is a major issue for me. I can't afford to keep replacing pants that have only been worn once. Gary Goben needs to talk to his manufacturers and fix this problem.

Sorry that happened to you...i seem to remember a little while back someone else complained about the dyes 

bleeding in their wash...................hope you can get some satisfaction from QVC.

Super Contributor

I sometimes have colors that bleed, not just Denim & Co.  In my experience, it has occurred in really soft water.  Salt or vinegar are mordants, that which will help set the dye in the fabric.  In other words, use either one when the item is new and soak it in salt or vinegar and water.  If you have a top loading washing machine, add a lot of the mordant with water. Place the item in the washer, agitate a little, and then turn it off and let it sit for a few hours (I usually do it overnight.)  Spin it out, then wash as you plan to do in the future.  

The color guard sheets are always good to use.  The directions say to use at least 2 when washing brand new clothes.  Another hint is to remove the clothes immediately from the washer when it is done.  If there is any bleeding of dye, wash again or let it air dry if you can't.  Do NOT place in the dryer as the heat will then set the dye that has bled onto your clothes.  Best of luck.

Honored Contributor

I always use one or two sheets of Shout Color Catchers whenever I wash any colored items.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I always use one or two sheets of Shout Color Catchers whenever I wash any colored items.

Me too, amazingly they work!

I’d call cs get refunded $ for the D&C.

Respected Contributor

So sorry, didn’t see that you use color catchers already.

Esteemed Contributor

I never had a problem with the dyes bleeding from DC clothing. I always wash my clothing first before I wear them. Maybe that has something to do with it. I do not think QVC will reimburse the O/P for the clothing bleeding. There is no proof it was  the D&C clothing that caused that problem that is what they might say. I know how frustrating and annoying that can be but, they QVC will not pay for that.

Respected Contributor

I have experienced fading on the black twill version of D&C pants but nothing else. I wonder if the minerals in your water could be reacting with the dye. Just a thought.