Honored Contributor

I've already written a review as I got these pants in the light wash and loved them.  So cute.  Then the price was reduced so I decided to order the dark wash.  Big mistake.  They came yesterday and as soon as I picked up the plastic bag, never opening it, I could smell the stench of that mildew odor we frequently get on denim clothing, except this is the worse I've ever had.  I've got a procedure for eliminating the odor but I'm just not in the mood to go through that at this time. It costs money to buy deodorizing products and this shouldn't be necessary.   They're going back. 

Screenshot_20210506-113656_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Imagine what the delivery truck  (USPS - UPS)  smells like now since package

was in a confined space.

LOL

I think it comes from the dye

Respected Contributor

What a shame.   It's definitely the dye.  It often happen with black jeans.  Shame on D&C and QVC for allowing these to be sold.   @Kachina624, I'm sure you will, but make sure QVC pays for the return postage.  THanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

Is it a mildew smell or just old fabric smell. Either way that is terrible. Hope no charges to you for return.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1    To me it's an extremely strong mildew odor but the items are never mildewed.  It's either the dye or the insecticide they spray on shipping containers.  Nobody knows as it's never discussed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I received a gift from a friend that smelled that way.  I believe it's because the package was stored in plastic and the heat and humidity cause the smell.  The gift was a small quilt and I just put it in the wash and the smell went away.  BUT, I don't think anything that comes from QVC should have any smell.  I would send it back and ask for all money to be returned.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Never thought about insectacide!! Thanks for the info.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never received an item with the smell people often complain about.  I didn't purchange these pants, but black jeans and plenty of tops where people have complained about the smell.  Even handbags.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1    To me it's an extremely strong mildew odor but the items are never mildewed.  It's either the dye or the insecticide they spray on shipping containers.  Nobody knows as it's never discussed. 

I also have had denim items smell horrible. I think they heavily spray insecticide in the shipping containers when items are coming from humid climates, and also something in the dye used in denim fabrics reacts badly to being encased in plastic. It can be tough to get rid of that stench. I finally had to toss a pair of D&C jeans (light wash) because every time I wore them my natural body heat caused that odor to resurface. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Hate that when it's something you love!!!