Honored Contributor

Re: Acorn & Nutsy are Here to Stay

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

Carolyn at the opening of today's show said the squirrels are not going anywhere. She gave a modified Bronx cheer to the naysayers to emphasize the point. They may not participate in the posting, but obviously the hosts read these forums. I'm ok with the mascots. You?

I don't know which discussions are still there, but after reading threads here about the squirrels I looked at her public Facebook account.  There were far more comments there, to which she responded online and on air -- not to the forums, based on what I saw.  My experience is that the hosts and vendors are far more interested in their Facebook and, to a lesser extent, Instagram activities basically because those are more active, the majority of commenters are associated with real names as opposed to anonymous nicknames, and all the chatter associated with their QVC life is consolidated in one place rather than spread all over hundreds of threads in sub-forums.

I'm okay with the mascots. I'm okay with the people who are weary of the mascots, too.  All are good people.❤️  I think it's interesting seeing all perspectives, even about the "small stuff" like little toy critters.  🐿🐿

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

The Happy Dance and yummy face have pulled in the millions for QVC.  Along with the pooping moose and other nonsens.  SO why not?

True!  I've seen the "behind the scenes" articles and tv coverage showing monitors...  second by second... that indicate when customer orders peak or plummet, and the people watching the monitors tell the hosts in their earpieces to continue or to move on from topics or activities due to sales. They wouldn't continue the "mascot moments" if they weren't affecting sales positively.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I agree, the squirrels are a harmless and a diversion in my day. My son's good friend called a few days ago to let him know he has Covid. My son interacted with him briefly so had to get tested. He tested negative but the scare we all had (and still have) makes me appreciate even more having a harmless diversion from the seriousness of my life.

❤️ @SunValley 

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo  comments on Facebook probably do carry more weight because nicknames are not used and the hosts can respond. They get opinions, that's for sure! I have noticed in this morning's show that the squirrels are pretty quiet...perhaps a compromise for those who are not enamored.

Honored Contributor

So much for customer opinion.  Maybe those of us who are sick of them will find something else to do on Tuesday mornings.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The Happy Dance and yummy face have pulled in the millions for QVC.  Along with the pooping moose and other nonsens.  SO why not?

I will never forget that pooping moose and Dan Hughes selling it.  I never laughed so hard at a host laughing so hard at a product in my life and that alone probably sold a ton of those things.  I live for those moments on QVC.

Honored Contributor

Do they play with Acorn and Nutsy throughout the show?  Or just at the beginning for ten or fifteen seconds?  I've never sat through a D&C show.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I will never forget that pooping moose and Dan Hughes selling it.  I never laughed so hard at a host laughing so hard at a product in my life and that alone probably sold a ton of those things.  I live for those moments on QVC.

@Miss Pepsi 

I SO agree!!

Dan Hughes and the pooping moose presentations were hilarious!

I later learned that at one time, Dan did stand up comedy.....not surprised!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Valu Skr   I don't watch every show but the ones I have seen they talk about them every once in a while.  But I have to say at times it is overdone and stupid.  I love Carolyn and Gary's ok but if I encountered that nonsense in a B&M store I would be walking away, just sayin.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd bet my bottom dollar that no matter what the majority might say.......if Carol wants those stupid squirrels to stay those squirrels aren't going anywhere.