Honored Contributor

This shirt has the potential of being a lovely piece of clothing.  The colors are bright and attractive, the fabric is soft and of a substantial weight, I love the bands of solid color at the neck, wrists and waistband, the fit is good and the length is perfect for a person of average height.

The problem?  It seems many in the order from the manufacturer were printed or assembled with the primary large motif on the front greatly misplace and rather than being centered, as shown in the picture, is off to the side.  This creates an optical illusion of the chest of the wearer being drastically distorted.  Not a good look or one most women want, a wonky bosom.

Why in the world would QVC and Gary Goben, who has a fit over a mismatched stripe, even accept let alone sell this defective merchandise?  Breaks my heart to have to return it.

Screenshot_20220923-160437_kindlephoto-65593724.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

What a shame. @Kachina624 

It's a very nice print and sad they couldn't get it right. 

Respected Contributor

In the video, they show shirts with the off-center design.  I understand you are disappointed and don't like the "look."  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624     Yup....."Dressmaking 101".....purchase extra yardage when working with prints for correct placement of design.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624     Yup....."Dressmaking 101".....purchase extra yardage when working with prints for correct placement of design.    di

And then double the price of the garment to pay for all of the wasted pieces of fabric. 

That's why marquise-cut stones cost more...to pay for all of the cut away pieces of rough.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   What a beautiful print resonates with Pendelton and a RLauren sweater.  How disappointing about the placement.  Too bad it wasn't a one-off, but you mentioned several mentioned the same defect.