Honored Contributor

Re: why does my order say shipped but its sitting in a warehouse for 4 days?!

@MalteseMomma wrote:

It is QVC's way of getting your money before you get your item.Happens to me all the time,  Smiley Sad

(You are billed when the item ships)

It's a shame someone invented tracking which is woefully inaccurate, especially when someone uses it as an excuse for off-the-wall comments like this.  Riduculous.  Do you expect them to ship without getting your money?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Why does it happen? Because that's the way QVC handles their shipping and notifications. I don't see it changing any time soon. Part of it is a UPS thing and part is because most of the time QVC isn't doing the actual shipping, the vendor is. QVC apparently doesn't see any need to check for accuracy. It sounds impressive to say it's "shipped" quickly, but any "delays" will no doubt be blamed on the vendor.

Regardless, it is QVC's normal. It's NOT shipped when QVC says Shipped, probably ever. They tell you it shipped as soon as the order goes to the vendor & the vendor verifies receipt. At that point, by procedure a label is printed and a "shipped" notifications is emailed. Stupid.

It then probably takes another 1-4 days before the item is put in a box and picked up by UPS or USPS and actually enters the mail/delivery system.

Example: When I order Vionic shoes, I typically get the "shipped" notification within 48 hrs - very quickly. It doesn't, however, actually ship for another three days, and takes a further 3-4 days to be delivered.

The whole thing is an exercise to make people think they're getting very fast service.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

It is QVC's way of getting your money before you get your item.Happens to me all the time,  Smiley Sad

It's a shame someone invented tracking which is woefully inaccurate, especially when someone uses it as an excuse for off-the-wall comments like this.  Riduculous.  Do you expect them to ship without getting your money?

NO, I expect them to take my money when the item actually ships, as advertised, not when a notice is sent to the carrier and the item sits in a truck for several days awaiting transfer to the carrier.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
New Contributor

Mine has been sitting on a truck (or wherever they sit) for 17 days now since it has been "shipped"! I have had orders "in process" for 2 weeks. I am so disappointed in the way QVC has changed over the years. 

Contributor

This has happened to me a LOT. The Q considers that when they slap a label on it as "shipped", then it sits, like you say in their warehouse for days. That's like me telling a bill collector that I've " mailed" by check when it's still sitting in my checkbook. I'm getting kind of tired of QVC

Honored Contributor

Guess things haven't changed much with shipping woes at QVC since this is a bumped up thread from 2016🙄🤦‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@MalteseMomma And easy pay is their way of keeping it after you return an item.  I just won't buy from them any more.  I don't have the time or the energy to deal with them keeping my money and not delivering a product then when they finally do, you can't get a refund without calls and e-mails if you need to return it.