Contributor

what is with Josie `s products ,being half full ,lately ???

Been using Josie for years, ny 3 kits i have purchased ,one i`m new to trying the masks ,were  half full and dry side on some ;-( anyway! my last body butter  jar was  2/3 full amd now just got  my face moiturizer to try for the first time ,the jar is half full ,had to call about the masks great customer response .but will have to call on this lastest kit ,can`t afford to buy  this line with half the product ,know they can shify in travel ,but not  down to half  jar amounts .please ,address this issue ,i`m not the only one ,commenting on this issue ...like the line ,but don`t want to complain and have to solve issues with your great customer service , feels  embarrassing to complain ., thanks for listening ,hope it will be resolved ,as I didn`t have this issue in the past years .have a great day! sincerly Peggy 

QVC Customer Care

Re: what is with Josie `s products ,being half full ,lately ???

@tqza23 wrote:

Been using Josie for years, ny 3 kits i have purchased ,one i`m new to trying the masks ,were  half full and dry side on some ;-( anyway! my last body butter  jar was  2/3 full amd now just got  my face moiturizer to try for the first time ,the jar is half full ,had to call about the masks great customer response .but will have to call on this lastest kit ,can`t afford to buy  this line with half the product ,know they can shify in travel ,but not  down to half  jar amounts .please ,address this issue ,i`m not the only one ,commenting on this issue ...like the line ,but don`t want to complain and have to solve issues with your great customer service , feels  embarrassing to complain ., thanks for listening ,hope it will be resolved ,as I didn`t have this issue in the past years .have a great day! sincerly Peggy 

Hi @tqza23,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with products from Josie's line, but I am glad to hear that our Customer Service Department has been able to assist you.  These items should be filled according to the weight listed for each product.  I can certainly pass your feedback along to the appropriate department.  

Barb

QVC Customer Care

Regular Contributor

Is it possible since the products are "whipped" that during shipping they settle and compact somewhat? That would be my first thought.

Trusted Contributor

To date I have not had a problem with receiving partial containers of Josie's whipped products.   Because of over buying my last purchase was about 7 months ago.  My whipped brands come full to the top.  I realize that some products settle but I have never had that happen to any kind of lotion or cream.  On air their containers are always full right to the edge so that is what we also should be able to expect.  They tell us all samples used on air are randomly pulled from stock.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

To date I have not had a problem with receiving partial containers of Josie's whipped products.   Because of over buying my last purchase was about 7 months ago.  My whipped brands come full to the top.  I realize that some products settle but I have never had that happen to any kind of lotion or cream.  On air their containers are always full right to the edge so that is what we also should be able to expect.  They tell us all samples used on air are randomly pulled from stock.

It happens with certain sizes (usually the 8-oz) more than others. It's often full but has a big air pocket in the center once you dig in. I haven't seen it in the 2, 4, or 19-oz sizes, just the 8. I've seen the big air pocket in about half of my 8-ounce tubs - and I own many.

But I understand they are sold by weight and not volume, so it's never bothered me. Happens in a lot of products, but I've noticed over the years that Josie's body butters get the most complaints. Reviews often mention it and it comes up in the forums a few times a year, as well.

Trusted Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@tqza23 wrote:

Hi @tqza23,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with products from Josie's line, but I am glad to hear that our Customer Service Department has been able to assist you.  These items should be filled according to the weight listed for each product.  I can certainly pass your feedback along to the appropriate department.  

Barb

QVC Customer Care

Yup - same here with the face butter and the lipstick being all dried out.  Many reviews posted stating the same thing.  Half-empty jars.  Unfortunately CS could care less.  I will be reconsidering my purchases here since CS made me feel like I was bothering them and seriously couldn't have cared less. This was really an unacceptable experience and I am a very long time customer as is my mother. I had to make 3 calls and then wait 24 hours to speak to a supervisor. Shouldn't have to jump through hoops to be treated with respect.

Respected Contributor

My Whipped Body comes full to the top and has the protective paper sealed on it when you take off the lid.  Perhaps yours was a return?  Thats why I mentioned the paper

Contributor

thanks ,for replying Barb ,the masks were taken care of by a very nice CD gal ,as for my other kit ,had to say   that QVC is responsible also for quality care ,as you promote these lines .then was given a few $ off ,didn`t want to return ,and might have the same issue and it takes me a  about a week to receive my pkgs,so don`t want to go thru it .As I have said haven`t had these issues  , until this past year .I fully understand shifting and settling ,but not like it has now ,anyway! my skin likes the products ,if it contines ,will consider another brand ,as I have tried another  shopping channel .and I was told by Ur customer service to contact Josie`s site   and will do this ,maybe  they`re not aware .anyway! have a good day

Esteemed Contributor

I opened a new jar, it was full to the top. I took a pea sized dab, replaced the lid and set the jar down on it's side. The next day I opened the jar and it appeared about half empty!

I was stunned and a bit puzzled since I knew no one had taken any since I'd set the jar down. Was that happening in shipping, so people thought they were getting an incomplete fill?

I set the jar back down on it's bottom and 2 days later when I checked, the contents had shifted and the jar appeared full to the top again. 

I duplicated this experiment with a jar of Wen remoist and saw the same results. 

I've read reviews complaining of finding  incomplete fill on thick products, and they're all packaged in squat jars.

I think the shape of the container allows product to shift during shipping into a deceptive position. 

Contributor

I had to talk to CS again !!! I`ve been with Josie since the beginning and  not going to order any more face moiturizer  ,will try as my friend is using the unscented body butter for face as even with a void ,will get more for the money .I have had 3  -4 sets ,with 1/3  full jars and ,and I know from the past ,they used to be fuller ,so it bothers me ,not happy , thinking about anothe rline ,down the road when i`m done with these products ,sorry ,but fix the quality control ,because ,been with this line long enough to know  ,not getting the product`s amt as before