I am getting a ton of unsolicited emails from the follwoing email address...qvc@e.qvcemail.com    It needs to stop or I will contact the FCC to report it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: unsolicited emails

[ Edited ]

Those are spam I believe, the extra e gives it away.  I'm sure someone else will agree.

...and mark them spam then you won't see them anymore, they'll all go into your spam folder unless they are there now?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Granniecooks,  If you're receiving obvious spam, I'm afraid what you're experiencing is known as "email address spoofing."    Most people are familiar with the spam that appears to come from financial institutions, or PayPal, or Amazon, or other businesses but which actually is sent by impostors.

One major clue is if you block the "qvc@e.qvcemail.com" address but the mail continues to arrive.   It's still coming in because the actual sender is not "qvc@e.qvcemail.com" -- it's a criminal impersonating this address.

The key to stopping this spam is, first, to learn how to view the full email headers of each message.   Then find out how to read the headers and see the actual email address and/or the actual domain (domain is the part after the "@" sign in the address) originating the spam.   After you do that, you can block the addresses of the true senders and the spam will stop (unless they send more of it from newer addresses).  

Email headers vary from one provider to another, so it's hard for me to post details about it here.    First, do an internet search for "(your email provider name) email headers" first.    Example search would be:
"hotmail email headers" or "gmail email headers"
            Then, perform a search for "how to understand email headers" and it will help explain how to identify the real senders' addresses and domains.  

In some cases, if you'll hover the cursor over the sender's name you'll see the real address displayed.

It also helps to increase the security of email settings or add filters.   This way, the email system will do a better job of filtering junk into the spam folder/box.

If you have more questions, please ask and some of us who have  experience in reading headers can try to help out.    Or, better yet, contact your provider -- usually they will send you specific examples of the way headers look and how you can read them.

I know it's beyond frustrating.   But we can fuss and fume at the businesses who are being impersonated all we want, and it won't stop the spam.    I know not everyone is a "techie" but if we're going to use the internet it's become clear that we need to learn some of the tools to protect ourselves.

When a business email address is spoofed, we can help the company stop this by sending them the full headers of the messages -- if we only forward the message without the headers, they cannot investigate and identify the culprits.    As with junk phone calls, most of the criminals who are doing this are located in other countries and it's been nearly impossible for U.S. companies or law enforcement authorities to effectively prosecute them.

I see, on the internet, this problem with the same spoofed "QVC address" goes back at least to 2014.   QVC needs to create a message that explains the issue of spoofed email addresses, complete with info about how to look at our message headers and how to read them.   Then, they can post this message when their customers report more spam.   Doing this would help their customers and it also would benefit QVC's image which is badly sullied by the junk mail and also by the increasingly worrisome technical website problems.    On other sites, professional IT support staff provides this kind of educational, applicable information to their users -- QVC needs to follow suit.   

I hope this info helps.   Please know I feel the same level of exasperation with all the junk mail and the increasingly sophisticated methods criminals and frauds are using.   Hope all of you have a great week!
Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I'm sure a moderator will respond, but that doesn't look like a bona fide QVC address (where did the "e's" come from).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling and @2blonde, "qvc@e.qvcemail.com" actually is one of the valid QVC email addresses.   (I just checked, and the real QVC mail I received this morning was sent from that address.)   The issue here is that their address is being "spoofed" so they're not the actual sender -- it just looks like they are.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

OP:  Actually, though it's not originated by QVC, it is a good idea to report it to the FCC or whatever agency deals with spoofed addresses.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Krimpette wrote:

OP:  Actually, though it's not originated by QVC, it is a good idea to report it to the FCC or whatever agency deals with spoofed addresses.

It can be reported to the FTC at this address:  spam@uce.gov.   However, they need to see the full headers of the message in order to determine who the actual sender is -- otherwise, they can't do anything to track it or try to stop it.

Honored Contributor

Here's a great link with articles and info about headers that  @Caffeina provided on another thread:

https://www.google.com/search?q=spam+how+to+view+full+email+headers

Trusted Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I'm sure a moderator will respond, but that doesn't look like a bona fide QVC address (where did the "e's" come from).

This picture is from an actual QVC email.

qemail2.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@Granniecooks If you ever participated in any of the contest QVC frequently has you may have un-knowingly asked to receive information from QVC. I know that is where mine are coming from and yes they have the same e-mail address you are seeing. They are getting more frequent lately, as many as 4 or 5 daily.  You just need to unsubscribe to notifications at the bottom of the email.