Esteemed Contributor

Re: the reason for the forum sign-in issues?

new today for me

I get this now when using firefox:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.qvc.com/Logon" on this server.

Reference #18.2aaa2c17.1614280677.177a1bb

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey wrote:

new today for me

Access Denied

@Mary Bailey You and me both! But I only get it with Chrome. And it comes and goes. Like it was happening this morning again but now it's ok. When it happens I swith to IE and can get signed in. It's been happening since yesterday or the day before.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@chickenbutt, thanks but do you know when this will happen?  I'm just asking since you appear to be in the "know." Woman Mad

I didn't mean to misrepresent my degree of knowledge.   I just saw, on one of the MANY threads about this, that one of the staff here has reported the problems.   I know not more than that.   Smiley Happy

Hopefully soon, but I did notice today that just a few minutes ago was the first time for the day that I got logged out.   Progress?   Who knows!  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I wonder if anything is actually happening on this.  It's logging out even more frequently than ever, today.  I've already been logged out this morning 3 times and I haven't been here that long today.

Agree. Communication with customers is, as always, woeful and this has been going on now for some time. At times it gets a tad better and the billboard sized pictures go away and then the're back and one is forced to sign in after ridiculously short intervals. If there's a fix in the offing, they're certainly taking their sweet time and, as always, the site enhancement will not be worth the glitches it created.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey and @shaggygirl - Oooohhh, I know the answer to that issue! It means there's some kind of error in the way your bookmarks are connecting to QVC servers. As usual, it's the fault of the website or your browser rather than anything you may have done, but if you clear your cache and cookies, delete your bookmark, and then return to the site and set up the bookmark again, you should be able to sign in with no errors. This happens from time to time due to browser connections and QVC's old technology. Let me know if this process doesn't work, and I have one more suggestion you can try. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc   it started working again all by itself

thanks for the info!

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@chickenbutt, thanks but do you know when this will happen?  I'm just asking since you appear to be in the "know." Woman Mad

I didn't mean to misrepresent my degree of knowledge.   I just saw, on one of the MANY threads about this, that one of the staff here has reported the problems.   I know not more than that.   Smiley Happy

Hopefully soon, but I did notice today that just a few minutes ago was the first time for the day that I got logged out.   Progress?   Who knows!  Smiley Very Happy

@chickenbuttgood.  Cause I didn't understand the frown you gave with your first response to me.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mary Bailey and @shaggygirl - Oooohhh, I know the answer to that issue! It means there's some kind of error in the way your bookmarks are connecting to QVC servers. As usual, it's the fault of the website or your browser rather than anything you may have done, but if you clear your cache and cookies, delete your bookmark, and then return to the site and set up the bookmark again, you should be able to sign in with no errors. This happens from time to time due to browser connections and QVC's old technology. Let me know if this process doesn't work, and I have one more suggestion you can try. Good luck!

@loriqvc 

Well for now it's working ok but if the problem crops up again I'll follow your suggestions, even though I've already done all those things and it still got me the Access Denied baloney. But maybe worth a second try, who knows.

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

new today for me

Access Denied

I've gotten that as well. it doesn't matter if I'm using Safari or Chrome, laptop or tablet, wifi or cell phone as a hot spot. It's an equal opportunity mess!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

There is no reason in the world I should have to do that to go to the QVC forum. It's all their fault and they need to fix it. I would say so long if they wanted me to do that. (maybe that's what they want me to do!)