Esteemed Contributor

the reason for the forum sign-in issues?

Earlier tonight, I noticed that there is a new "SHOP" dropdown menu in the top left corner of the QVC website. The previous dropdown for browsing by category used to be in the menu bar at the bottom edge of the fixed navigation area in the top section (where New, Trending, TSV & Deals, and Shop QVC TV remain).

Perhaps this change is the reason for the technical issues experienced lately in the forums since it involves overlay menu programming and a fairly significant movement of links and content? The forums are already using a somewhat separate programming structure, so changes anywhere may cascade into this section of the website. Just a thought—sharing in case it may allow the moderators to offer an option for the tech team to investigate as they try to resolve the problems so many are having.

(And don't get me started on how poorly organized all of those dropdown menus are to begin with . . . it's like design school 101 around here.)

Honored Contributor

Re: the reason for the forum sign-in issues?

@loriqvc, I think you're on to something.  You always have a keen eye and perceptive intuition!😊 

I see the new "SHOP" dropdown menu on my Mac, using Chrome, but not with Firefox or Safari...  and not on my iPad or iPhone using the full desktop display.

I posted about the new menu header I've been seeing since Saturday, thinking we're seeing a redesign that possibly has been prematurely displayed on some devices (perhaps only on some servers?) before a planned launch in the coming days -- maybe in March since I've heard a couple of hosts mention changes coming next month.

image6.JPEG

Whatever is happening, I sure do wish the IT staff would resolve the login photo stream problem.  It could be that we'll continue to see it popping up now and then until we turn the corner to March.

Be safe and well.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Just now, when I signed in, it did not happen but then I could do it again and it would.  Anyway, I took it as just more advertising and well, to get you to buy stuff...Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@77yangya wrote:

Just now, when I signed in, it did not happen but then I could do it again and it would.  Anyway, I took it as just more advertising and well, to get you to buy stuff...Smiley Happy

Here's another weird thing. On my desktop, if I click on Sign In one time I have to go thru the photos to the bottom to sign in........if I quickly click on Sign In TWO TIMES I get right to the regular sign in, no scrolling down the photos Man Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@loriqvc, I think you're on to something.  You always have a keen eye and perceptive intuition!😊 

I see the new "SHOP" dropdown menu on my Mac, using Chrome, but not with Firefox or Safari...  and not on my iPad or iPhone using the full desktop display.

I posted about the new menu header I've been seeing since Saturday, thinking we're seeing a redesign that possibly has been prematurely displayed on some devices (perhaps only on some servers?) before a planned launch in the coming days -- maybe in March since I've heard a couple of hosts mention changes coming next month.

image6.JPEG

Whatever is happening, I sure do wish the IT staff would resolve the login photo stream problem.  It could be that we'll continue to see it popping up now and then until we turn the corner to March.

Be safe and well.🌻

@dooBdoo   I do not see this new menu on my MacBook Air on Safari or Firefox.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

This time only one click to bypass the photos and sign in. Everytime I have to sign in, and it's much too frequently, it's different.

Esteemed Contributor

I get logged off very quickly and have to re-log in a LOT.  Is that normal?  I'm not sure because I'm fairly new to the site.  If it's not normal, then you now know there is another issue IT can look at.

Thanks.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I get logged off very quickly and have to re-log in a LOT.  Is that normal?  I'm not sure because I'm fairly new to the site.  If it's not normal, then you now know there is another issue IT can look at.

Thanks.

Well, I guess it's the NEW normal.  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Mad

The good folks here have reported it, so maybe they're working on it.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if anything is actually happening on this.  It's logging out even more frequently than ever, today.  I've already been logged out this morning 3 times and I haven't been here that long today.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt, thanks but do you know when this will happen?  I'm just asking since you appear to be in the "know." Woman Mad

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life