Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

sales Tax wrongfully charged

[ Edited ]

I ordered the tracfone that was the TSV and was charged $10.24 tax for an $80 item. Our sales tax in York , Nebraska,  city with 2.5% and state of 5.5% .  I was charged 12.8%. Please look into this and correct your system. Thank you!

Tucker

Honored Contributor

Re: sales Tax wrongfully charged

@WricardosDoes look high for that percent although my math doesn't give a $6 difference, but the real reason I'm responding is to suggest you address the QVCSocialTeam to get your refund.   They will need a bit more info than you want to post here!

Super Contributor

Why not just call customer service?  I am sure they will refund on the spot/

Frequent Contributor

I called customer service and they said I need to write a review to corporate.

thats a hassle!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@WricardosI'd try the mods next and corporate as a last resort!  

Frequent Contributor

Your right, I stated it wrong as $6  refund the total tax should be $6.  Sorry for the confusion.  Customer service was no help.

Honored Contributor

@tessam wrote:

Why not just call customer service?  I am sure they will refund on the spot/

I call customer service whenever I have a problem.  They are very helpful and have given me refunds right away...As a matter of fact I saw a sweater that I purchased less than a month ago on sale for $21.00 less than what I paid for it.  CS adjusted the price for me and refunded the money to my account.

Honored Contributor

@Wricardos wrote:

Your right, I stated it wrong as $6  refund the total tax should be $6.  Sorry for the confusion.  Customer service was no help.

Really?  What did they say?  I'm surprsied they don't know what the correct tax for your location should be.

Frequent Contributor

Our taxes in York, Nebraska are 8%. I was charged 12.8% on the $80 tracfone. Our state taxes are 5.5% city 2.5%.  

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Wricardos I am so sorry for the confusion the 911 Wireless fee of $4.24 is included in the state tax amount that is why it appears to be higher.