Regular Contributor

When I opened a new qcard in October, there was a $20 dollar promotion advertised. I haven't received any $20 rebate in any form, and it's been almost three months. Is that normal?

Regular Contributor

Re: rebate for opening a Qcard

Can a Mod help?

QVC Customer Care

@steiny3844 wrote:

When I opened a new qcard in October, there was a $20 dollar promotion advertised. I haven't received any $20 rebate in any form, and it's been almost three months. Is that normal?

Hi,

I sent you an e-mail in regards to the eGift Card promotion from October.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I opened the qcard account at the end of October, didn't receive the card until November. Now I'm told I don't qualify because I didn't order in October, despite not receiving the card until November. I'll just pay off the account, and QVC can keep their $20.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand a company offering a rebate to new customers.  After all, it is all about the potential money coming in from customers. So, I see why companies are wanting nation wide customers - certainly the more the merrier.   

But, how about some kind of rebate/gift/thank you to ALL the Q customers that have spent so much money for so many years on QVC products.  I have been with the Q...  seems like forever...since Judy  Crowell sold me a Fashion Formulas pants set!!!

I purchase from several other retailers and am always receiving notifications of customer rewards - percentages off the item price; special sales; coupons etc.  I  think the Q is missing a huge segment in customer service. So many other companies  appreciate their customers and they show it by rewarding them.

New Contributor

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN SEE STRAIGHT! I GOT THE QCARD SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE $40 PROMOTION CREDIT TO THIS ACCOUNT. I HAVE BEEN WAITING AND WAITING FOR IT. I CALLED SYNCHRONY BANK AND FOUND OUT THAT I DON'T "QUALIFY" B/C THE EXACT NIGHT I APPLIED, I DIDN'T MAKE AN ORDER?? BUT 6 DAYS LATER I DID ONCE I KNEW THE ACCOUNT NUMBER!! FURTHERMORE, I HAVE MADE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF PURCHASES OF QVC OVER THE YEARS AND I AM OFFICIALLY DONE! THE CARD WILL BE CLOSED AND I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. THEIR LOSS! QVC....WHAT YOU DID IS CALLED BAIT AND SWITCH. I WAS ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST FANS BUT NOT ANYMORE! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES DRAWING HARD WORKING PEOPLE IN LIKE THAT AND THEN SCREWING THEM. 

New Contributor

READ MY COMMENTS BELOW, YOU WON'T RECEIVE THE CREDIT IF YOU DIDN'T PURCHASE SOMETHING THAT VERY NIGHT. EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE TIME OF OPENING, YOU NEEDED TO IN ORDER TO MAKE A PURCHASE THAT NIGHT AND GET THE CREDIT ADDED. IN SHORT, IT IS A SCAM!

Esteemed Contributor

@marcieaaron - I think someone has given you some misinformation; if you have further questions, I would recommend calling to speak to a QVC representative instead of a Synchrony representative because the credit is being applied through QVC. Since you have now made a purchase on your new card, you should get the credit applied within a few weeks. (When I got my Q Card last year, I believe I got my credit in the next billing cycle after I made my purchase, so just know that you won't see it right away.) Good luck, and welcome to the Community!

QVC Customer Care

Hi @marcieaaron, an email has been sent to you.

Contributor

The hosts do say that you do have to make a purchase that day in order to qualify for the credit. When I applied it was for a $40 credit. I was approved instantly and they gave me the account number right away so I could use it, even though I didn't have the actual card. I believe it showed up in my payment options right away.

When I applied and got my number a few months ago I tried to make a purchase and my "card" was denied! Over and over I tried. I called and told them I had to use the card this day and that is why I applied for the card; I didn't want it if I couldn't get the $40 credit. Over the next few days I must have spent five hours on the phone between QVC Customer Service and Syhchronly bank and twice we were on conference calls. Each entity said it was the other one's problem. They did eventually give me a $40 credit, but the card never worked. I closed the account having never used it and they said I could try again in six months. Not sure it is worth it.

If you want to do it be sure to get your number right away and make a purchase that day.