Honored Contributor

Re: qvc.com not working on Internet Explorer

[ Edited ]

I am not getting a certificate notice when I use Safari 9.0.3.  I haven't seen other reports of that, so it might be specific to only one poster -- not sure, but I don't see it when I tried Safari.  Maybe others can try it and see what results they get.   I'm using an iMac desktop (OS X 10.11.3). 

Even so, the 2 worst browser choices for this website are Internet Explorer and Safari...  and I wish the IT department would get themselves up-to-date and at least acknowledge this fact if they're not going to correct all the technical problems on the website.

IE is being phased out by Microsoft, so the support and attention to problems is waning significantly.  Microsoft is replaceing IE with Microsoft Edge...  but this is still a new browser, and as such isn't officially supported on many sites (including QVC, so far).  And, without going into detail, Safari basically does too many security/safety checks for this site to keep up with, and that causes frequent glitches...  so I only use it to troubleshoot when others report problems.

As I've posted before, regardless of what Q's tech support says, I've learned that the best choices for computer browsers (mobile device browsers are another topic) on this site are Firefox (current version 45.0) and Chrome (current version on my Mac is 49.0.2623.87).  

It's also essential that we use the most recent version, and also (unlike most sites) it's imperative to clear cookie/cache/website data on a very regular basis if we want this site to work even marginally well.

QVC's site is by far the most technically-challenged site I use.  I've complained about it since I first started using it -- they always lag miles behind other sites, and their tech support for customers/users is almost non-existent and they seem completely detached from and uninformed about the reality of the problems here.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova