Occasional Contributor

"IN PROCESS" items just received.

I was about to call customer service to check on some orders that have been in process for 6 days.  I went downstairs to get the mail (I live in a condo) and there was a package containing 2 orders and an exchange from a different date. The items still show in process and when I went into the order, there was no tracking or shipping info.  I pay close attention to packages as I don't want them sitting in the lobby.  This is a new problem I wanted to alert people to. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: "IN PROCESS" items just received.

It's only going to get worse with holiday deliveries and part-timers...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting.  Maybe my items from the 15th and 16th that are still "in process" will miraculously appear in my mailbox later today.  Woman Frustrated

(Updated to add:  Nope, mine still haven't arrived and I just checked - still "in process".  One of the EDDs was the 23rd - guess they missed that one!  The other is the 25th; today.  I'm not holding my breath.)

Trusted Contributor

I've had that happen a couple times recently also. Kind  of makes it hard to be aware of when you actually have packages arriving at your door, especially during the holiday season when thieves may also be on the lookout for packages arriving at your door. 😕

Honored Contributor

@yyy   You might want to go to the USPS website and check if Informed Delivery is available in your area. It's a service that informs you what mail you'll be receiving.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I'll do that.  Thanks so much for the link. 

Occasional Contributor

Good luck!  Keep a look out.  It's about an hour later and the items now show Shipped with today's date. They were actually shipped on the 20th per tracking info. Grrrrrrr! 

Respected Contributor

I had three items sitting "in process" since last Tuesday.  I contacted customer service.  They responded and said they had contacted the shipping department to see what the delay was.  I just checked and the items are now shipped.  It seems to be happening more and more lately.  If you plan on ordering items for Christmas, I would do it early.  Looks like shipping everywhere is going to be an issue this year. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@yyy   You might want to go to the USPS website and check if Informed Delivery is available in your area. It's a service that informs you what mail you'll be receiving.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Thanks so much, Kachina624.  I just signed up with Informed Delivery - and am so happy you gave us the link. It will make tracking packages with USPS much easier.

Regular Contributor

This happen to me today too. I ordered three items on the 19th one was shipped on 22nd and other two were still in processing this morning. One of the items still in processing showed up today with the originally shipped order on the 22nd. The other in processing item now says shipped today but did not come with the packages that arrived today. It will be interesting when I get that as I just checked the now listed tracking number, that all three packages arrived at the same place to be delievered at the same time but only receieved 2 of the 3 items.