Honored Contributor

Re: "Guaranteed" Holiday Delivery

I find it difficult to comprehend why people would count on an item arriving on time during this busy time of the year, especially when ordered late.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

DH laughs at these "guarantees". In order for a guarantee to happen there has to be something in return. Sounds like there isn't.

New Contributor

Yes, I ordered jewelry Friday that was guaranteed by Christmas and it now says 12/30!  I ordered a Fitbit Saturday and paid the $3 for Express that was guaranteed to get it there by xmas -- it says will arrive 12/26.  I spoke with Customer Service and she was generally unhelpful and said it "might" get here on time and didn't know why it was showing those dates.  It was all gifts for myself but stil.....would have hated if it was for a real gift.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had started another thread because not just Q but all retailers -- exception Amazon (unless 3rd party) tout "guaranteed delivery" -- impossible considering how many times that package changes delivery path once leaves warehouse.

All packages start out UPS but UPS makes the decision what packages get sent to "USPS Surepost" for delivery.

Therefore, if Q states guarantee shipped before holidays they can't claim arrives!!!  6 out of 10 will maybe...

USPS and Fed Ex delivered packages today in my community.  I ordered from Carters/Oshkosh  took 8 days but got here before Christmas 🙂.

And frankly, the hosts are salespeople their job is to sell sell sell...even if it's not getting to destination but got out of warehouse or vendor warehouse.  They're obligation has been completed.

Super Contributor

I ordered 5 jewelry pieces all under the claim of before Christmas delivery.  They were all for me.  One was a lunchtime special, three were as is items and one was during the sale event.  Two of the five arrived.  As of yesterday, one was saying that it would arrive today (the 24th. ) Now it is saying the delivery date will be the 25th.  I don't know any mail service that works on Christmas, so my statistics remains 2 out of 5.  I didn't intend on buying anything that late, but all were great deals and items I had been wanting.  After being burned in the past, I would never order a gift that late, but I was interested in seeing what would happen with these 5 items.  QVC should not offer this service.  There is no way for them to do what they promise, so they just should not have this offer at all.  

Honored Contributor

You were lured by the "guaranteed". 

The computer doesn't know Dec.25.

You were not interested in "seeing what would happen".

We have gone through this for about 30 years. See my message about guarantee.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a bracelet that is suppose to be delivered today.  The tracking stops Dec 21st so I don't know if I am getting it today.

Honored Contributor

Question:

The prices are good around the holidays, but do you have a choice

to pick a later delivery day...post 12/25?  

I know Amazon rewards you with a music credit, or something like that,

if you choose a later delivery date.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@@homedecor wrote:

I had started another thread because not just Q but all retailers -- exception Amazon (unless 3rd party) tout "guaranteed delivery" -- impossible considering how many times that package changes delivery path once leaves warehouse.

All packages start out UPS but UPS makes the decision what packages get sent to "USPS Surepost" for delivery.

Therefore, if Q states guarantee shipped before holidays they can't claim arrives!!!  6 out of 10 will maybe...

USPS and Fed Ex delivered packages today in my community.  I ordered from Carters/Oshkosh  took 8 days but got here before Christmas 🙂.

And frankly, the hosts are salespeople their job is to sell sell sell...even if it's not getting to destination but got out of warehouse or vendor warehouse.  They're obligation has been completed.

@homedecor1 - Actually, the determination of the use of SurePost (or Mail Innovations) is set at the time a package is sent; it isn't some arbitrary decision at the last minute. A company that ships its items through UPS pays a specific amount based on the class of service.

For example, although most of the jewelry I order through QVC comes via USPS or UPS Mail Innovations (which gets passed off to the USPS for final delivery like SurePost), I placed an order last Thursday for a necklace that was in the "guaranteed by Christmas" delivery category, and it was shipped via UPS 2-Day service to meet the specified deadline. I got it Monday.

And on a non-QVC-related note, I placed an order through Zappos early on Monday morning, forgetting that since I'm a longtime customer my orders always get one-day shipping; the package is arriving right on schedule, and though I'm happy to get my shoes today, I feel bad to have added to the crazy UPS Christmas Eve delivery pile when I could've waited until later in the week.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

I'm glad you received your items -- mine also came REGULAR UPS although I didn't care either way (they were not gifts).

I was told this by our UPS driver when USPS surepost became the delivery option and to "his" knowledge all packages start off as a UPS delivery and then UPS logistics systems decides.

Either way -- many will be "disappointed" who ordered late from Q or other retailers when their "guaranteed" Christmas deliveries haven't arrived.