Valued Contributor

"Guaranteed" Holiday Delivery

So, I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I of course waited til the last minute to do most of my Christmas shopping and although everything luckily has worked out smoothly, I have noticed 2 of my truly last minute gifts that I ordered on Friday, which were "guaranteed" for holiday delivery by the 24th have a delivery date of 12/27!! 

Obviously I'm not an idiot and I know that NOTHING in this world is guaranteed except taxes/death, but WHY in the world advertise this to your customers when you have NO intentions on standing by your "guarantee"! Luckily, these were just little add on gifts (make up) so not really anything super important, but nonetheless I did want to hand them out on Christmas, not 2 days AFTER Christmas. LOL

Maybe a mod could shed some light on this situation? Thanks! 

~ Hope in TN ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: "Guaranteed" Holiday Delivery

@BrandiDavisThe only word I disagree with in your post is "intention."   

I think all the retailers who "guarantee" delivery by a certain date have been promised by the delivery companies that they can meet that promise, but I think none of the companies really can control that date.  Even Amazon doesn't manage to get all their Prime orders out in 2 days as they promise.

So, the next question is -  why do we customers keep falling for the promises?  

Trusted Contributor

I had an order listed for Dec. 26, and I did not care. It arrived yesterday Dec. 21.  So if the item gets out of the warehouse, it may still arrive.  Of course, I do have something that got out of the warehouse quickly and was at the last shipping hub before my city, which went in the wrong direction. Again, I do not need the item(s), but delivery in this hectic time never can be guaranteed. Good luck. I hope your deliveries arrive.

Honored Contributor

Christmas is the same day every year

if I wanted presents for the day I would get them myself not rely on "on promised delivery" from anyone whether it is Q or the big A

Trusted Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

So, I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I of course waited til the last minute to do most of my Christmas shopping and although everything luckily has worked out smoothly, I have noticed 2 of my truly last minute gifts that I ordered on Friday, which were "guaranteed" for holiday delivery by the 24th have a delivery date of 12/27!! 

Obviously I'm not an idiot and I know that NOTHING in this world is guaranteed except taxes/death, but WHY in the world advertise this to your customers when you have NO intentions on standing by your "guarantee"! Luckily, these were just little add on gifts (make up) so not really anything super important, but nonetheless I did want to hand them out on Christmas, not 2 days AFTER Christmas. LOL

Maybe a mod could shed some light on this situation? Thanks! 

Same thing happened with me.  Ordered on Dec. 19 and it said EDD Dec. 27. It did not come back in stock until then so was afraid it may sell out so that was my reason for late ordering. I am not an idiot either lol.  Seems one cannot believe any websites on delivery anymore like we once could.

Valued Contributor

I placed an order on 12/1. The site is well known and it was free shipping and the items were half off. Of course the items were promised in 7-10 working days. Well the day of delivery kept getting pushed off and pushed off. Now last night I receive a notice that I will not receive the item until after Christmas.

The item was in stock when purchased. The company has pushed the blame off on the delivery service. They will do nothing about the fact other than to say that once it went into the hands of the delivery service they could not do anything about it. I guess I will not order from them again. 

This is actually not the first time that this has happened. I ordered from them again on a Black Friday and it was expected to be received by Christmas--I received it 11 months later. I had already received my money back at that point because they could not trace the package. This was in November 2016. I received the package in October 2017. (I did return the items to the store and was not due a credit as that had taken place already).

I have ordered from them in between and not had a problem so I thought thier issues had been taken care of but obviously not the case.

Frequent Contributor

I imagine the hosts don't like saying that either and would prefer to say we will do our best to get it to in time for Christmas. I ordered a Carolyn Pollack piece last week directly from her own store and pretty sure I won't get it by Christmas even though I paid extra for Fed Ex....but its for me so Im good waiting. I am looking forward to giving my gifts that I so carefully chose for the people I love and seeing their reaction and they are all wrapped  sitting underneath my tree Smiley Happy I hope everyone has a good Christmas and Hanakkuh

Honored Contributor

I never rely on any guaranteed delivery date.  Too much affects it - bad weather, accidents, misdirection, human error, just to name a few.

This is the busiest time of the year and we all know that.  The delivery people are working flat out, so the holidays aren't much fun for them.  I refuse to let a late delivery ruin the holiday season for me.  I'd rather the people delivering any of my packages stay safe, work and drive carefully, so they can enjoy Christmas with their families, too.  Some of the recent storms across the country are frightening and no one should be driving in those condtions, but they still try.

We need to remember the true reason for the holiday and it's not what gifts you get or when you get them.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a meteorologist, but a quick look at weather is indicative

of shipping/delivery dates/times.

Appears there is a sloooooow-moving front on the east coast.

Note time-stamps:

54E30C3D-11B7-4556-936C-86A36C518084.jpeg

CC0F0036-436E-4B83-A264-F112706547EE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

the last order i placed was on the 17th.......three items.

all three items were delivered on the 19th.

if i order items from ANY company and it does not arrive, i print out  a photo and put it in a box with a note that santa has delayed this item, but that it is on its way.

i definitely have at least one item that is delayed.......from eddie bauer. it is a coat for my daughter.

still waiting for some amazon items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein