New Contributor

poor customer service direct from the top

Just received  a letter from the VP of customer service complaining of the amount of returns I made during a particular time frame.  Since this person did not have the class to add her direct telephone number or email, I just dictated a letter to cooperate regarding this letter. Talk about bad customer service, I sent the response stating that perhaps the problem is the lies that are pushed by QVC staff and guests and the fact that they repeat constantly that things can always be returned, during TV presentations just to make a sale !!!!!!

They push that as a way to purchase as a fail safe.  I also purchased most items prior to Christmas time for gifts. How will you know if the person will like them  !!!!!!!!

The staff on TV also push buying holiday gifts and hold on to them even months before the holiday, so then you can not return them anyway.

Again bad customer service is obviously generated from the top.

Valued Contributor

Re: poor customer service direct from the top

I have noticed lately they keep saying "free" exchange!  I rarely order anymore and just don't seem to enjoy watching as much as I used to.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry.  Sounds like the right hand doesn't have a clue of what the left hand is doing!!!

Valued Contributor

I was accused to cancelling too many orders using my check and/or money order as payment. I have never used a check or money order as payment. I was afraid that someone had hacked into my account, and this terrified me.....with all the reports of hacking going on via computer or mobile devices.  I can certainly understand your frustration. 

Valued Contributor

That should read "I was accused of" instead of "accused to"......

Honored Contributor

I don't have anything to say that you're going to like.

No one can really push you into ordering something you don't really want.  If you have a problem controlling yourself, I suggest you don't watch QVC.

Yes, we can cancel and return, but no company can stay in business if customers do this way too often.  When you order something, it is reserved for you and another customer might have wanted the item and missed out.

A CS rep is not going to give you his/her private number so you can call and raise Cain with them.  To think they should is crazy.

I don't think QVC has done anything wrong or offered you poor customer service. You seem to be a customer that is costing the company money and taking advantage of their liberal returns and cancel options.

You get no sympathy from me.

Honored Contributor

I quit buying so much after I realized I was dissatisfied with a lot of items but didn't return them for fear of the letter.i think it is hard to really tell what you are getting when everything is professionally taped and professionally sold...we only see the item from their skilled point of view minus all negatives.

Honored Contributor

You may consider QVC to have bad customer service but they obviously consider you a bad customer.  You have to have have returned a huge percentage of your purchases to merit receiving "The Letter". 

Rather than being insulted and becoming defensive, you need to take a long, hard look at your buying habits and make some changes.  You're obviously doing something wrong because the rest of us aren't getting warnings.  If you don't like the quality of the merchandise you're receiving, shop elsewhere.  Returns cost QVC money, the cost is of course passed down to the rest of us. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Blaming QVC because you return too much is ridiculous!!  Most stores have a limit to how much anyone can return.  Anyone who keeps buying when they are returning a high percentage of their purchases is possibly buying obsessively.  Even if the returns are clothing and returns are due to sizing issues - well I can't imagine anyone would keep ordering from a company when they have so many issues with what they order.  An intelligent person would realize that to keep purchasing here when it's costing them to return is not very smart!!  A person who blames the sales people for forcing them to buy needs to get real and own up to their problem and accept responsibility for purchasing and returning too much.  It's just like an alcoholic or drug addict blaming other's for their issues!!!

Honored Contributor

Hmm new poster complaining about the letter, I choose not to take the bait 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.