Contributor

part broke off on item within 3 days of opening box - Customer Support not helping

I recently ordered item # M49206 - double wide Bliss Hammock as a gift for my husband.

We put it up on Sat 5/28, and on Monday, 5/30 the extension arm for the canopy broke off (no one was on the hammock - we weren't even home when this happened). I contacted QVC customer service on 5/31 - and was told they would contact the warehouse to see if they can replace the extension arm. I have followed up with email 3 additional times - each time, I keep getting the same canned response - they've contacted the warehouse to research. I want to be able to use this hammock with the canopy - and its now been almost 3 weeks since I intially contacted customer service. This is not acceptable. No I can't return it because we rescylced the box the day it was opened.  I don't want to be stuck with an item that broke within 3 days of opening.  

This morning I contacted QVC customer support (again!) and emailed Bliss Co via their corporate site and their Facebook account. 

Hopefully they will attempt to resolve this issue for me, QVC sure hasn't.  

I may not be ordering from QVC again if they don't stand behind their products and help a customer with a small issue like this.  So frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: part broke off on item within 3 days of opening box - Customer Support not helping

You can return it with any box- and let Q know it's defective so the return fee is waived. If the canopy beoke off like that it was probably defective right out of the box!

QVC Customer Care

Re: part broke off on item within 3 days of opening box - Customer Support not helping

Hi @schindy I'm so sorry this happened. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we'll try to help. Cindy

Contributor

Thank you Cindy - I just emailed you as suggested. 

Contributor

Thank you for your reply @Ibby114 - The box was large and not sure I would be able to find a replacement box to fit the hammock and canopy.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

If you're willing to go behind some of your local stores they often place their boxes right at their back door, not even broken down because people are always looking for boxes. But they will also break them down and throw them in their dumpsters.....   When we were getting ready to move across country I was able to box up over 100 boxes this way.....  Woman LOL

I found that stores like Hallmark, Staples, Kohls, that deal in "dry" goods were the best and I avoided grocery stores....  Good luck! Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I've never done this, but I'm pretty sure you could take it to a UPS Store, and they would box it and ship it for you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

QVC wasn't able to assist at all -- thankfully when I contacted Bliss Co directly, they were very customer orientated and have mailed the replacement part.