Frequent Contributor

ordering things only to find out they won't ship to a PO BOX

what the heck?? Lug and a few other things.. pretty irritating.. Don't have to sign for them.. the mailbox I have at home is not big enough and I don't like having stuff left outside my fence.. (Especially with how crooks are following mail/ups and stuff all the time.) So now I want to order something but I know I can't have it sent to PO BOX.. and I'm not happy.
Honored Contributor

Re: ordering things only to find out they won't ship to a PO BOX

It is not uncommon for vendors NOT to ship to a PO box.  In fact, it is very common.

Honored Contributor

I have this problem with Costco and a few others.  I have set up an address with the PO address as my street address.  I put my box number right after my name.  We have a small post office and they tolerate this just fine.  Seeing as UPS is delivering to the post office anyway for certain shipments, there hasn't been a problem.  You might have an issue with big city post offices, but give it a try on a small value item.  Where did I learn this?  Right on this board.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I have this problem with Costco and a few others.  I have set up an address with the PO address as my street address.  I put my box number right after my name.  We have a small post office and they tolerate this just fine.  Seeing as UPS is delivering to the post office anyway for certain shipments, there hasn't been a problem.  You might have an issue with big city post offices, but give it a try on a small value item.  Where did I learn this?  Right on this board.  

@depglass  someone I know had this same problem so yesterday I went to the P.O. and they told me to tell her to use the address of the P.O. along with her P.O. box number. 

I remember reading this here many years ago, but didn't know if it was still the same.

Occasional Contributor

I also have had an issue with QVC stating that my order cannot be shipped to a PO Box.  Just this morning I ordered some PTR facial products and got the same message.  Previously I had the issue with WEN products and with Halo products.  I was ordering 4 Halo's for Christmas presents, and wound up cancelling the order.  The WEN I just had to chance that they would come when someone was going to be around to ensure the box wasn't stolen.  It really makes me mad!

Respected Contributor

Understandable.