Honored Contributor

Re: of a religious nature? Missing the memo?

@IamMrsG wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

IamMrsG wrote: Beth-QVC wrote, in part: ...We posted the change to our guidelines on 9/22/2016  concerning religious posts. We ask that everyone observe the guidelines to prevent further misunderstandings.  Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC   Does that include Pagan religions and practices?

@IamMrsG

Of course! Religion, period! This isn't the place.

@libbyannE  One would think so, wouldn't one?

I have seen no pagan belief discussed on the forums in terms of current practices, i.e. what living forum members practice or say. There are current discussions of both Halloween in a cultural and Samhain in a historical context that have nothing to do with religion. No pagan prayers or pagan texts appear anywhere on the forums that I'm aware of, and I sure haven't seen any pagan proselytizing.

Of course, most people are aware that current Halloween customs are historical cultural customs and the great majority of those who celebrate Halloween, unless they are history buffs, don't even know what the origins of Halloween are, as they are lost in the mists of time.

Anyone who would attempt to connect Halloween or Samhain in terms of a modern-day "religion", certainly in terms of anything posted so far on the forums, is sadly misinformed or misguided. Or just misdirecting 🎃

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Moonchilde wrote: 
I have seen no pagan belief discussed on the forums in terms of current practices, i.e. what living forum members practice or say. There are current discussions of both Halloween in a cultural and Samhain in a historical context that have nothing to do with religion. No pagan prayers or pagan texts appear anywhere on the forums that I'm aware of, and I sure haven't seen any pagan proselytizing.

Of course, most people are aware that current Halloween customs are historical cultural customs and the great majority of those who celebrate Halloween, unless they are history buffs, don't even know what the origins of Halloween are, as they are lost in the mists of time.

Anyone who would attempt to connect Halloween or Samhain in terms of a modern-day "religion", certainly in terms of anything posted so far on the forums, is sadly misinformed or misguided. Or just misdirecting 🎃

Paganism is indeed ancient; however, when people discuss their current observances of Samhain, a Pagan practice, it becomes modern-day.  Paganism is a polytheistic religion. That is neither misinformation, misguided nor misdirecting, but to deny it would be.

The Samhain thread in CC is just as much against QVC's Community Standards as was the thread discussing wishing someone "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays."  Therefore, I will continue to maintain it should not be permitted to stand.

@Moderators:  Just like the last post I made on this thread, this reply is no more "religious" than the one to which I am responding.  In spite of whoever reports it to you otherwise, I respectfully request balanced consideration this time.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

Moonchilde wrote: 

Paganism is indeed ancient; however, when people discuss their current observances of Samhain, a Pagan practice, it becomes modern-day.  Paganism is a polytheistic religion. That is neither misinformation, misguided nor misdirecting, but to deny it would be.

The Samhain thread in CC is just as much against QVC's Community Standards as was the thread discussing wishing someone "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays."  Therefore, I will continue to maintain it should not be permitted to stand.

@Moderators:  Just like the last post I made on this thread, this reply is no more "religious" than the one to which I am responding.  In spite of whoever reports it to you otherwise, I respectfully request balanced consideration this time.

Why don't you report the thread, then?

You have used the word 'polytheism'. So because you have put the word in a thread, are you speaking  of "religion" since beliefs are at the core of the dictionary definition of the word)?  Is that against standards as well? Saying the word, or I suspect even saying saying "I am" or "I observe" and NOTHING MORE is not "discussing religion." Saying "this is what I believe" (and why) - IS.

I hardly think QVC would object to "I celebrate Christmas" in a post. They might well object to some descriptions of the specific way a holiday is celebrated, or the expectation that others should be celebrating it in the same way. None of that occurred in the thread of which you speak.

No descriptions of modern day beliefs or celebrations of a current religion were made in that thread - and you know that. Your claims, like the claims of others, are splitting hairs and using semantics to suit your "argument." 

I agree that occasionally a moderator deletes a reference that most people would consider harmless. They are doing their best in new territory. They are also being forced to respond to a lot of childish pouting and defiance. It's that hair-splitting and defiance that is perpetuating the conflict - because a few posters need to make it so.

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@LTT1 @x Hedge @I am still oxox @charvale @libbyannE

We posted the change to our guidelines on 9/22/2016  concerning religious posts. We ask that everyone observe the guidelines to prevent further misunderstandings.

Beth QVC

That is indeed the question foremost in my mind.  I've seen signature lines, including some lengthy, "aggressively defensive", atheistic comments.  There have certainly been anti-C-----tian statements that have gone unchallenged.  A partcular lengthy thread where values were held up to ridicule was very enlightening, very sad, and no one stepped in. 

@CoG, I would love to hear some examples of lengthy, aggressively defensive, atheistic comments that are anti-Christian. You know, it is very possible to be a non-believer with out being anti-anything, just as it is possible to be a religious adherent without imposing it on others or being "aggressively defensive."

As for a thread where you concluded that certain values (I assume still in reference to religion) were ridiculed, could we see it? I bet it was a two-way street, as it always is.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@CoG wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@LTT1 @x Hedge @I am still oxox @charvale @libbyannE

We posted the change to our guidelines on 9/22/2016  concerning religious posts. We ask that everyone observe the guidelines to prevent further misunderstandings.

Beth QVC

That is indeed the question foremost in my mind.  I've seen signature lines, including some lengthy, "aggressively defensive", atheistic comments.  There have certainly been anti-C-----tian statements that have gone unchallenged.  A partcular lengthy thread where values were held up to ridicule was very enlightening, very sad, and no one stepped in. 

@CoG, I would love to hear some examples of lengthy, aggressively defensive, atheistic comments that are anti-Christian. You know, it is very possible to be a non-believer with out being anti-anything, just as it is possible to be a religious adherent without imposing it on others or being "aggressively defensive."

As for a thread where you concluded that certain values (I assume still in reference to religion) were ridiculed, could we see it? I bet it was a two-way street, as it always is.

So would I. I was under the impression sit lines religious or anti religious were deleted. And I would like to see the ridiculed thread. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind and argumentative.

Honored Contributor

IMG_3657.JPGIMG_3686.JPG