Super Contributor

Re: not happy with itemM80331 pet store kitty play gym

Cats love tall cat trees! You want them to leave your furniture alone? Get them a 6’ cat tree with multiple shelves! Cats were made for climbing. That is what those nails are for! We who live with dangerous roads or dangerous city ordinances have to keep them safe inside but we also need to give them something like what they would ordinarily be interacting with outside. Cat trees, IF made well, are a great way to keep them busy and out of trouble (most of the time). We spent extra to get a well made tree with shelves big enough to sleep on and that have edges around them to keep the cats safe. It also has two boxes that they can go into to have some private sleep time. We put it by a window with a bird feeder outside it. Now they have a cat TV as well!
Super Contributor

Don’t blame QVC if they gave the measurements. That feline in the picture is a kitten if you look at it.
Valued Contributor

@ellietoo  Your post made me laugh about putting the Cat Tree in front of the window! My cats love their cat tree in front of of my windows! I really need to get a new one, they've become somewhat bored with the one I currently have.

Respected Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

@ellietoo  Your post made me laugh about putting the Cat Tree in front of the window! My cats love their cat tree in front of of my windows! I really need to get a new one, they've become somewhat bored with the one I currently have.

My cat passed away many years ago and I didn't plan on getting another cat so I got rid of my cat tree.  Mine was also located right in my front window.  

I always smile when I drive by a house and see a cat sitting in a cat tree just watching the world go by.  

I'm sure your cats are adorable and very special to you.

Valued Contributor

@J Town Girl  you inspired me to get a new Cat Tree and Scratching Post! Here's what I bought. I hope my cats love it! C75DEB70-4CF3-4E27-88B3-00A3CC67ED21.jpeg

Valued Contributor

And this...

2190C1F3-34C9-410F-9AD5-B59FD4D5F4F2.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HonestLife  That is a very nice cat tree.  My cat would have loved it.  I think it is so sweet how you care so much about your little feline friends.  Missy was the only cat that I ever had.  She was a stray that just showed up at our back door.  When she first showed up I wasn't looking to take on a cat so I just gave her a pet and figured that she must have been a neighbors cat.  For two weeks I would see her running around the streets and one time she was almost hit by a car. It was beginning to be obvious that whoever owned her didn't care for her at all.  When she showed up again I just took her in. She had been spayed and declawed by, I assume, her previous owner.  It just infuriated me that someone had declawed her and then allowed her to be outside.  I posted signs and talked to neighbors but no one ever claimed her.  

Since I am against allowing cats to be outside I told her if you are going to live with me you have to accept that you are going to be an inside cat only.  All the years of working in veterinary hospitals  and seeing the tragic results of allowing cats to roam outside made me adamant that I would never allow a cat to be outside.

She very quickly adapted to the spoiled life of an indoor cat. She got to the point that I could leave the door open for a brief period and she would just look outside and then run back to her nice comfy cat tree.  

She was with us for 8 years until liver cancer took her from us. She fought hard to live but in the end we had to make that heartbreaking decision.

I never got another cat but I will never forget Missy and the joy that she brought us.