no update on air conditioner order-delivery date past due!

Seems that you do have the ability to update certain information, however I have yet to hear any updated information or concern that the air conditioner I ordered over 2 weeks ago still has the delivery date of June 10th which is now over a week past due and never updated. Shame on you!!!! As a senior on a limited income, which I am sure many of your customers are, I ordered this unit from your company with the (apparently incorrect) assumption that I would be treated with the same policy you had previously complied with which is updating delivery information promptly, and not just requiring me (the customer) to continually contact you and be told “sorry for the inconvenience” which is an understatement! My area is currently experiencing a heat wave and it is devastating for my health which is degrading daily from the extreme hot temperatures. I have only been told that messages are being sent to “corporate” to “request” (not demand!) updated delivery status from your vendor (LG who continues to advertise how great they are) and even though it is now over a week since the initial date has come and gone it is not possible to cancel this order. This puts me in a serious situation, needing a cooling unit but not able to financially commit to 2 units and as the summer explodes all inventory is obviously being depleted and it becomes almost impossible to obtain and receive a replacement air conditioner as your company has created this horrible situation. If I am required to be hospitalized due to your negligence there will be recourse!

Shame, shame on qvc for this dereliction and what really amounts to abuse of those who trusted your company to do the right thing. I have had more service and updates with my years of orders of clothing, etc. than for this health related product the ball was dropped.

Honored Contributor

Re: no update on air conditioner order-delivery date past due!

So many questions/comments running thru my mind.

Honored Contributor

Welcome @frantastic.

I certainly understand your predicament.  Heat can definitely be dangerous for seniors.  Hopefully, you can get an AC very soon.

Email QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your order number and explanation.  Someone there may be able to help you. 

Respected Contributor

Not to make excuses by any means...but I heard on our local news last week about shortages in all appliances, including airconditioners.  I think they are having trouble getting the parts.

QVC Customer Care

@frantastic wrote:

Seems that you do have the ability to update certain information, however I have yet to hear any updated information or concern that the air conditioner I ordered over 2 weeks ago still has the delivery date of June 10th which is now over a week past due and never updated. Shame on you!!!! As a senior on a limited income, which I am sure many of your customers are, I ordered this unit from your company with the (apparently incorrect) assumption that I would be treated with the same policy you had previously complied with which is updating delivery information promptly, and not just requiring me (the customer) to continually contact you and be told “sorry for the inconvenience” which is an understatement! My area is currently experiencing a heat wave and it is devastating for my health which is degrading daily from the extreme hot temperatures. I have only been told that messages are being sent to “corporate” to “request” (not demand!) updated delivery status from your vendor (LG who continues to advertise how great they are) and even though it is now over a week since the initial date has come and gone it is not possible to cancel this order. This puts me in a serious situation, needing a cooling unit but not able to financially commit to 2 units and as the summer explodes all inventory is obviously being depleted and it becomes almost impossible to obtain and receive a replacement air conditioner as your company has created this horrible situation. If I am required to be hospitalized due to your negligence there will be recourse!

Shame, shame on qvc for this dereliction and what really amounts to abuse of those who trusted your company to do the right thing. I have had more service and updates with my years of orders of clothing, etc. than for this health related product the ball was dropped.

Hi @frantastic thank you for your recent order and for posting with us here in our QVC Community's forums. I am so very sorry for the delay on this order and can certainly understand the frustration it is causing especially at this time of year, I have opened an inquiry with our Vendor Relations team that works directly with this vendor and they will reach out to their warehouse team. I will send you an email when there is an update. -Kim

Honored Contributor

amazon

prime delivery

Honored Contributor

@frantastic 

I'd suggest you take your business elsewhere...was just in Sam's Club and they have the same unit as offered by QVC at $349.  I assume this is the a/c unit you are referring to (plus Sam's has promo now for Sam's club cc).

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

Honored Contributor

@frantastic 

and there you have it ... even Kim is going to open a "inquiry" with the vendor ...

That's being "sarcastic" as they say ... is this ALL they can do when it comes to the poster (and many posters) wanting their items!!!

Again, this is another reason IF YOU CAN shop locally ... and by the way -- if there is a shortage of a/c's you not know it by going into WM, Home Depot, Lowe's,  Target and other stores which also offer ONLINE shopping and free delivery.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I truly feel compassion for the OP and cannot for the life of me fathom why there would appear to have been so little improvement so many months into the debacle that seems in too many instances to be QVC's order fulfillment system. That said, for anyone reading these boards, unreliable shipments should not come as a surprise. The reality would seem to be clear that QVC is not the only game in town and should, perhaps, no longer be the preferred shopping resource when quick and reliable delivery is key and when necessary and appropriate communication with customers is the expectation, no matter how reasonable that expectation might otherwise be.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for your dilemma. I am even horrified at the QVC Social Team with their inadequate response. If I were you, I would cancel this order and shop elsewhere. There is too much confusion and unreliability shopping with this channel. I wish you the best of health and take care. Move forward and quit waiting.