Honored Contributor

new Q card ...question for MODS/customers

new Q card ...question for MODS/customers

a question for the mods and customers who have received their new Q cards in the mail.

have you had to reenter your q card information in your checkout process? it wont allow me to continue a purchase until i update my Q card. i thought i had read that no one had to change their information online?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: new Q card ...question for MODS/customers

I did not keep that sheet of paper but I remember it said you did not need to activate it.  I checked and the numbers were different so I did update my account.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I did not keep that sheet of paper but I remember it said you did not need to activate it.  I checked and the numbers were different so I did update my account.

@DiAnne

yes, i know that they didnt need to be activated, but in the OTHER thread i just read one of the mods posts. she said you didnt need to do anything.....you could use both numbers. just wanted to make sure that updating the card was definitely needed and wasnt some type of glitch on the website. it would not allow me to use my old number.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

I did not see another thread but there is a security code on the new card it says you have to enter it at purchase so it would seem odd that you could use either card.  Maybe I did not have to update it.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@sunshine45

I did not see another thread but there is a security code on the new card it says you have to enter it at purchase so it would seem odd that you could use either card.  Maybe I did not have to update it.

@DiAnne

Thanks for this info.  I just got my new Qcard today and was also under the impression you didn't have to change your account to the new card number.  It never would have occurred to me to check the back of the new card for a security code since the old card didn't have one.  Perhaps this new card business is an update for security reasons.

So our QVC member number remains the same.  The new card is for those who have the QVC credit card.  This would be the same as any other update for other credit cards.

I also notice on the back of the new Qcard, along with the phone number for the Qcard customer service (which presumably goes to Synchrony Bank) there is a phone number for a "QVC Priority Order Line".  I assume this is for Qcard holders only to order from QVC?

It really would have helped if Synchrony Bank had included just a few more details about all this!  If I hadn't been reading these forums lately, I wouldn't have known a thing about any of this!

Respected Contributor

Do easy pays need to be updated to the new card or will the old card number still work?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

In response to your original post, I just placed an order this morning and it went through without requesting me to update my Qcard.  I just received the new Qcard in today's mail, so I'll have to wait until my next order to see what happens in the future.

I don't blame you for being confused about this.  First, there was no advance notification from Synchrony Bank.  Other credit cards that have updated with new numbers have always sent letters ahead of the sending the actual new card.  And second, the information that came with the new card was definitely lacking any helpful information about how to proceed!

Anytime I have had a credit card change numbers it eventually requires you to start using the new number, even if it accepts the old number for a while. And since @DiAnne has mentioned that the new cards have security codes,  we will at some point have to use the new card numbers to include the new codes, even if some of us can get by with the old numbers for now.

It's enough to make me decide to pay by check!  If there weren't a few things that I get on QVC that I can't get elsewhere (or are noticeably cheaper here), I'd be sorely tempted to quit buying here.  Between this and all the website glitches, it's not terribly encouraging! 

Honored Contributor

just an update right now.....

i did sign out of my account and cleared my cookies.

i then signed back in and it did not make me enter my new qcard account number.....it went through with the old number. i wonder now though if it is safer to delete the old Q number and put in the new number (especially since there is now a security code?)

thanks everyone for your responses.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette

I was not really paying attention either.  I did not even notice the priority order line.  I noticed on the sheet of paper it said we did not have to activate this card.  I don't even know where my old Q-card is so I looked in my account and changed the numbers because they were different.  I don't use it very often - I usually use my Costco Visa so I can get money back.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

I may be the one surprised because I changed the number but have not tried to use it!