Regular Contributor

nOT CORRECT CORESPONCE FROM HOSTS and online items

as seen below I want a hat and  it says  payments of $4.95  which is not true, that is on the main page of the hat   .  also hosts say payments of  ----- same and that is not true also .. see below

San Diego Hat Co. Mixed Braid Fedora

Rust
Qty: 1$23.75

Standard Delivery$0.00

Arrives by 09/26/2022*

Standard Delivery Shipping price $0.00 Arrives by 09/26/2022

Edit
Tax:

Tax $1.43

$1.43
Selected Billing Option5 Easy Pays of $5.04

the payments are $5.04  not 4.. something , some thing needs corrected 
Honored Contributor

Re: nOT CORRECT CORESPONCE FROM HOSTS and online items

[ Edited ]

If people don't know that shipping and/or tax are added to the price at checkout, they shouldn't be shopping. 

Respected Contributor

Is there tax added?

QVC Customer Care

@Razzle dazzle1234 wrote:

as seen below I want a hat and  it says  payments of $4.95  which is not true, that is on the main page of the hat   .  also hosts say payments of  ----- same and that is not true also .. see below

San Diego Hat Co. Mixed Braid Fedora

Rust
Qty: 1$23.75

Standard Delivery$0.00

Arrives by 09/26/2022*

Standard Delivery Shipping price $0.00 Arrives by 09/26/2022

Edit
Tax:

Tax $1.43

$1.43
Selected Billing Option5 Easy Pays of $5.04

the payments are $5.04  not 4.. something , some thing needs corrected 

Hi @Razzle dazzle1234 thank you for posting your inquiry in our Community Customer Care forum. The EZ Pay amounts that the hosts state on air do not include tax due to the variation in different cities, counties and states. -Kim

Respected Contributor

I don't like to hear hosts say things like you can get it home for $14 or whatever the payment would be.  Surely QVC shoppers know that's not the price, but It seems deceptive. There must be hundreds or maybe thousands of people who have laddering easy pays over the months, staggeried so that they're never done with monthly payments to QVC. The thought of having an easy pay for a swimsuit on my credit card bill in December is awful.

Off-topic, I know, and I hope the original poster doesn't mind.

Respected Contributor

@Razzle dazzle1234 what the hosts say is true that the price of the item is xxx when divided into easy pays.   I've often heard it said as "the item is 5 (or whatever) easy pays of xxx.  Seems to me you are just being argumentative and critical.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Razzle dazzle1234    So you want the hosts to spout the price for each state?     And then they should also remind people who regularly move from state to state that the monthly price on AD's could change depending upon where they are when the delivery occurs.

People old enough to be shopping have their own responsibilities.   One of those responsibilities at QVC is listening to the operator or reading the final price on line BEFORE accepting the order.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Razzle dazzle1234    So you want the hosts to spout the price for each state?     And then they should also remind people who regularly move from state to state that the monthly price on AD's could change depending upon where they are when the delivery occurs.

People old enough to be shopping have their own responsibilities.   One of those responsibilities at QVC is listening to the operator or reading the final price on line BEFORE accepting the order.

@millieshops 

I understand but for those who do not, perhaps saying that it amounts to $5 base price to bring it home.  If they say base price, then perhaps some of the people who did not take 3rd grade math, can understand that is the basic thing and tax + shipping after that.  I don't know how you appease people who can't add and subtract and understand there are taxes in this country, just like others.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday    You're right that some shoppers are more challenged than others, but the shopper already has a chance to stop the purchase if they don't like the  price.

That's true whether I shop via a telephone call or make the purchase online.  I hear or see the numbers every time I order.

Where do people shop for groceries and the shelf price for everything is what they actually pay?  And even the menu boards at any fast food places don't reflect the final cost. 

There are lots of countries in which I have never shopped, but I've been to many countries and almost all our states and buyers are paying fees above the list prices.   Where is that not done?