Esteemed Contributor

in process to backorder and repeat

Hey @Beth-QVC ...are you here?

I ordered something over the weekend and it went from in proces for a couple of days to backorder (at some point), then in process yesterday and backorder again today.  What does this mean?

Thanks in advance.

Keepin' it real.
QVC Customer Care

Re: in process to backorder and repeat

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda  I'm so sorry, but we're unable to ship your order as promised. We're working to obtain additional inventory to fulfill your order. If we cannot restock this item, we'll send another email to confirm our cancellation of your order. I hope this infomation is helpful and we will do our best to obtain the item for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Wayne-QVC .  I appreciate your reply.

Funny thing though...when I ordered, the color I ordered was the only one available in the size I wanted.  Now there are two other colors, in addition to the one I ordered...the one on backorder...and I put all three in my cart without any trouble.  (I'm going to remove all of them after I post this.)

Will we wait 45 days before cancelling the order?  It's not life or death.  I don't mind waiting.

Keepin' it real.
QVC Customer Care

@esmerelda  We normally allow 45 days for a waitlisted order, but on a backorder we try to obtain the item within three weeks before canceling the order. 

Valued Contributor

This happened to me several times.  It is additional confirmation that QVC is inadequate and failing.  In this world of computers/technology, no business should sell items they don't have, but it appears QVC thinks they can do that, get away with it, without an apology or reasonable explanation.  NO WONDER QVC, CUSTOMERS ARE RUNNING AT RECORD PACE TO SHOP ELSEWHERE!!! NO ITEM SHOULD BE PRESENTED ON AIR WITHOUT HAVING IT IN STOCK, IT IS JUST BAD BUSINESS.

Honored Contributor

I placed two orders yesterday which are on backorder today.  I was able to cancel one of them.  Don't feel like playing the waiting game.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

• @tropics21 wrote:

This happened to me several times.  It is additional confirmation that QVC is inadequate and failing.  In this world of computers/technology, no business should sell items they don't have, but it appears QVC thinks they can do that, get away with it, without an apology or reasonable explanation.  NO WONDER QVC, CUSTOMERS ARE RUNNING AT RECORD PACE TO SHOP ELSEWHERE!!! NO ITEM SHOULD BE PRESENTED ON AIR WITHOUT HAVING IT IN STOCK, IT IS JUST BAD BUSINESS.

@tropics21.  The question is, since you're habitually dissatisfied, why do you you continue to shop at QVC?  Even more inyeresting is why you continue to complain and participate in something you find so distasteful?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment