Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dooBdoo   Everytime you post, I learn something new.  I didn't even know we had albums.  Is that all the pics we've ever posted?

What a nice compliment, @Kachina624!   Thank you!❤️

The albums hold all the pix we've actually uploaded.   

That process accounts for a delay we sometimes see when we're uploading a new image to a post/thread...  the website software in the background is actually first saving the pic to our profile album and then linking it to the post/thread.

(The copy-and-paste, drag-and-drop, that sort of thing, those pix are not saved in our profile albums.)

So, all of our posts that display the uploaded images are actually pointing/linking over to the profile albums -- the images aren't really stored in our posts, they're just links "looking over to" our albums.

That's the reason we sometimes see a broken link image (usually a box with an "X" in the middle) in older posts...  it indicates the poster deleted the pic from their albums, and the post no longer can "find" it when it goes looking.

That's probably as clear as mud, or for sure more than you wanted to know...  right?

Thanks, again, for your kind post!  I learn a lot here too, from you!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@goldensrbest, About 1 1/2 years ago a problem with the website began to cause a major delay in accessing some of our profiles.   When we click on our nickname, it used to be a quick link but for some of us now it can take minutes and minutes or even time out with an error message.   It's been reported over time, but the IT department seems uninterested in correcting what is likely a simple user file re-index or something of that nature.

At any rate, a direct link to your image albums is much faster.   Here's the link to yours...   I'd highly recommend that you save it, probably make it a bookmark/favorite (or just email it to yourself and save in in your email if you don't think you'll use it often).   

You'll notice when you click this link it will immediately take you to your pix and you can try adding new images to the albums there and then access them when you post on threads:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/24576/tab/albums:

Thank you so much,that worked!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Great!  You're welcome, @goldensrbest!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova