Contributor

I was watching the food show yesterday off and on.  Marie Louise Ludwig was showing soup from Minnesota.  I know Rick is from Minnnesota.  I'm getting sick and tired of Marie coming on and say YA SURE and YOU BETCHA or FOR SURE.  Rick laughs about it.  I'm from North Dakota and lived also in Minnesota.  Guess what we don't talk that way.  SO I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF IT.  Do they make remarks about people from BOSTON - OR THE SOUTHERN STATES.  NO.  HEY Marie have some manners.  Do the people talk funny from PA?  The people from the MIDWEST deserve an apology from this MARIE LOUISE LUDWIG.  And yes when I see her I will be turning her off.  So I hope QVC reads this.

Honored Contributor

@finewoman wrote:

I was watching the food show yesterday off and on.  Marie Louise Ludwig was showing soup from Minnesota.  I know Rick is from Minnnesota.  I'm getting sick and tired of Marie coming on and say YA SURE and YOU BETCHA or FOR SURE.  Rick laughs about it.  I'm from North Dakota and lived also in Minnesota.  Guess what we don't talk that way.  SO I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF IT.  Do they make remarks about people from BOSTON - OR THE SOUTHERN STATES.  NO.  HEY Marie have some manners.  Do the people talk funny from PA?  The people from the MIDWEST deserve an apology from this MARIE LOUISE LUDWIG.  And yes when I see her I will be turning her off.  So I hope QVC reads this.

@finewoman. Are you kidding. People all over make fun of the Boston accent!  

Esteemed Contributor

I did not see that as I don't watch the food shows.  But from your description, it sure sounds like she is making fun of people that do or did talk that way.  And you are right in that there are plenty of other regional accents that could be mocked, some of the other hosts and vendors come to mind.  Not nice, just not nice on her part.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@finewoman wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

And us Southerners, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@finewoman wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

And us Southerners, LOL!

@KingstonsMom.  Yup

Respected Contributor

@finewoman  I do understand how you feel.  But, it's QVC or Rick that should bring this to her attention and stop it.  I notice that kind of ridicule everywhere.  Mary Beth laughed when the Radley girl said certain things about the handbags and I thought that was uncalled for.  Everyone speaks in different ways all over the world and you can't make fun of people for the way they speak.  It's just respect. 

Contributor

No I'm not kidding.  Don't hear on food show.  But their is alway a Debbie Downer coming in and giving their all.  Thank you.  And no I don't talk funny and say other people do.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: guest vendor remarks

[ Edited ]

Yes, accents from all across the country (and even around the world) are regularly parodied on QVC. The hosts are often just plain silly and immature about it. Lately, the biggest trend has been directed toward new host Anthony Heywood, as rookie and seasoned hosts alike affect bad British accents. However, even when such things are annoying, they're never done in a mean-spirited way, so being offended about them seems pointless. As has been discussed many times in these forums, everyone speaks differently, and that's part of what makes the world an interesting place.

Esteemed Contributor

Alberti has frequently used a "fake" Italian accent when presenting certain Italian food items..  I could be offended by that, but I figure it's just stupid and juvenile.

Respected Contributor

@finewoman: I don't think Rick or Marie intended to offend anyone.