Regular Contributor

Is it just me or has anyone else been frustrated by the program guides?  I have Dish and more than half the time the actual program is not what is on the guide.  There are a few product lines I tape and skim through later.  This year has been the worst for actually haveing the listed program actually on.  Don't know if it's the Q or Dish but find myself irritated.  If it is the Q they are not helping their bottom line.

The other thing is the so called daily specials.  You see them on various stations after the fact and sometimes days after.  Don't know if the price is accurate or not.  

Honored Contributor

@ginirn 

Just offering a helpful tip re: the daily 'lunchtime and primetime specials', after midnight you can put those in the search bar here and pull them up before they sell out or the prices go back up.

HTH!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@ginirn - Unfortunately, problems with the listings provided on your TV screen are almost always due to issues at your cable provider. Even though the Q does occasionally make changes to its lineup, the shows listed on the daily and weekly website program guides typically are accurate. Although it does make it a bit more difficult when you're setting a recording, I'd recommend that you rely on the QVC program guide here on the website for the most up-to-date schedule.

With regard to the TSVs and Big Deals, I think QVC is very careful to only re-air shows highlighting those particular specials during the timeframes when the prices are still in effect. If you ever wonder, you can easily check the "Today's Special Value & Deals" section online to see the current deals.

Honored Contributor

I have FIOS and never rely on their on-screen TV guide.  I rely on the Q Program Guide.

Honored Contributor

I've  never used an on-screen program guide but I remember a time when people were disgusted that a Lisa Robertson program was on the schedule two years after she departed.  You can be sure, goofy as they can be, that QVC didn't give Dish that information.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ginirn 

Just offering a helpful tip re: the daily 'lunchtime and primetime specials', after midnight you can put those in the search bar here and pull them up before they sell out or the prices go back up.

HTH!

Great Tip @KingstonsMom! Thank you!👍