Respected Contributor

Re: free shipping for new customers

@frenchie wrote:

@Josmad wrote:

@frenchie wrote:

Well I'm a long time customer, since 1990. I did some thinking on this latest fiasco. Not long ago they offered a $50 credit for opening a Q card. Right? Isn't this free shipping deal the same thing? If you order 15 items at $3.50 ship it comes to $52.50. The Q sells more stuff this way but free shipping sounds more impressive. I still think we deserve a little something for our loyalty but I feel better reasoning it out. I still shop carefully.

It is not 15 items. It is 15 orders. They could have numerous items in one order. 

You may be right, but doubt that. The Q does not combine orders for shipping. They should clear this up. 

If I place an order with 10 items in that order, there is shipping charged on each item in that order. As a new customer I get to do this for 15 orders. So if I order 10 things per order, I saved on shipping for 150 items.

Esteemed Contributor

Christmas trees now have $60-$90 shipping fees.

I sure as heck am throwing those into my 15 free shippings.

Super Contributor

WHAT IF ALL THE LONG TIME CUSTOMERS BOYCOTT QVC AND WE

STOP BUYING!!!!!

Super Contributor

Yesterday, I heard free shipping on new customer's first order

and everyone after until Jan. 2023... I had to re-listen to make

sure I heard correctly...  I could  not believe it! I am a long time

customer since the 1980's and all of the long time dedicated

customers should be getting this free shipping offer....to show us appreciation.   We have kept QVC going all these years and during Covid.

Trusted Contributor

@joy51 wrote:

Well you did it again, I have been shopping with you for over 20 years--evidently new customers are more important they your loyal ones--I feel like chopped liver and it is disgusting--never mind your sell overpriced pieces on garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pleasant.jpg

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too spend too much money on everything at QVC. I had a lot

of items on check that I was going to change over to my C.C.

I have been canceling all except the items that I am still interested in with free shipping, which is not much..... Don't think I will be ordering as much anymore.

Super Contributor

I too deleted all saved items.

Something just happened to my order I had several things on check with No Shipping, I changed the order to my credit card

and the order changed they put the shipping on my order and 

I cannot delete it... So,  if you have an order saved with no shipping or a special price and you  decide to process the order they will put the shipping on and change the price to the higher amount.   Another way to screw us!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@frenchie wrote:

@Josmad wrote:

@frenchie wrote:

Well I'm a long time customer, since 1990. I did some thinking on this latest fiasco. Not long ago they offered a $50 credit for opening a Q card. Right? Isn't this free shipping deal the same thing? If you order 15 items at $3.50 ship it comes to $52.50. The Q sells more stuff this way but free shipping sounds more impressive. I still think we deserve a little something for our loyalty but I feel better reasoning it out. I still shop carefully.

It is not 15 items. It is 15 orders. They could have numerous items in one order. 

You may be right, but doubt that. The Q does not combine orders for shipping. They should clear this up. 

If I place an order with 10 items in that order, there is shipping charged on each item in that order. As a new customer I get to do this for 15 orders. So if I order 10 things per order, I saved on shipping for 150 items.

Ah, but that's the question. 

They aren't saying free for 15 'orders', it's 15 'purchases'. :

First purchase must be placed by 12/31/22 in order to receive a code via email for Free Shipping on future purchases (up to a maximum of 15) through 1/31/23

So, does that mean all the items on an order count as one purchase?  Or does each item count as a "purchase"?

New Contributor

As all of the other existing customers I am highly offended, the truth is I'm very disappointed. I'll speak for myself.

If you had told me 10 years ago that I be buying so much from the Q i would have laugh and told you that you were crazy. Unfortunately I consider myself a professional shopper for lack of a better term and prior to retirement and COVID most of my purchases were from mid to hight end brick and mortar and online stores.

Fast forward to 2020 and my orders increased to an average of 10 to 15 purchases a month from the Q........ makeup, sheets, kitchen appliances, clothing to accommodate the stay at home but not in my PJ, skincare, jewelry  and so on and so on.

Needless to say I spend a pretty penny at QVC and this is not the first buss decision they make that makes me feel unappreciated.

For me this  is not about trashing QVC, is very personal, I have trusted them with a large percentage of my purchases and this  is a big slap in the face.

I have contacted several depts including corporate and so far nothing has been  done to address the decision they made.

if my business is not value by upper management at QVC slowly but surely I will start to find other business that will.

Regardless of what I do with my purchases I am not going away without being hard and getting a resolution to the issue.

I am a retired banker and managed many business offices related to customers and who ever is making the buss promotions  at QVC  to give away the house to a possible one time purchase over customer who are faithful and spend thousands of dollars is not buss savvy at all. 

I certainly  hope that somebody is paying attention. In my 67 years I've seen big buss giants fall many times.

Not everyone that shops at QVC is limited to shop from a TV shopping chanel, I certenly am not , I live in Miami ,the weather dosn't stop me from going to the store, the shopping centers are limitless and the stores can range from Walmart to Neiman Marcus,not to mention online shopping. I was choosing you over them, think about that QVC.

Occasional Contributor

I rarely read this blog. I came on today to see what people had to say about the free ship for new customers.  I’ve spent 40 yrs. in corporate America in sales, marketing, customer service and training. I want to post my thoughts. Sorry for the length.

• Yes, many companies offer promos to attract new customers.  I use Verizon, Comcast, SiriusXM to name a few.  All do promos BUT they also offer promos to existing customers. Always. I just got another text from Verizon offering $400 off an iPhone with a different plan. I’ve been with V forever.
  • Those that say QVC is a business – get over it – don’t understand that for every business, customer service and customer loyalty are critical to its success. Acquisition costs for new customers are expensive.
  • For those that don’t care about this promo, it’s disheartening to long-standing customers. Considering that S&H has always been a sore point with customers and QVC, it’s a promo that is disrespectful to their long-standing, customers. As another poster put it, QVC works and encourages a “family” feel.  People grow to trust them – which is what every company wants with their customers. Trust brings loyalty.  But instead of respecting that relationship, QVC pulls the rug out from under that trust without the blink of an eye. Are they saying to their existing customers, “we dare you to leave us”? It takes a long time to build trust but you can lose it in an instant. We train customers on this all the time.
  • I think QVC knows exactly what they are doing.  They figure customers will be upset for a week or two but come back and shop anyway. And if they do lose some customers, they must believe they will gain more new (younger?)  customers to offset the loss. The question is, once the promo is over will the new customers stick around?  Often, they don’t. With QVC, new customers are not purchasing a plan that locks them in for a year or two.  Will QVC privately continue to offer free shipping to these customers after the promo ends to keep them and have their long-standing customers carry the load for S&H costs? These kinds of questions begin to show an eroding of “trust” in the relationship.
  • QVC is betting the farm on this decision.  We will see if it was worth it.

As for me, I’ve been with QVC since the beginning - late 80’s.  I’ve gone through times of shopping and not shopping with them. Personally, I can’t purchase an item and pay shipping knowing someone who has never shopped with them gets free shipping. And this will occur 15 times per new customer.  It would be easier to handle if they also had special promos for exiting customers (and 6 easy pays on anything is not it). They’ve never created a program for regular, on-going customers, like many other businesses. They want trust and loyalty from the customer but aren’t willing to reciprocate.  In the end, greed never wins.

I will only shop with QVC if there is free shipping.  And in time, I won’t shop with them at all. My user name says QVC shopper. Not any more.