Regular Contributor

Re: free shipping for new customers

Not everyone is on this site every day!!
How RUDE to try to shut people down!
Regular Contributor

I wrote to Customer Care to express my feelings on the subject. Loyal customers are ignored while new, possibly temporary customers are given unheard of savings opportunities.

It is short sited of QVC to alienate so many customers. Especially when a lot of their items are available on Amazon at a lower price with free shipping everytime you meet the minimum. (Not hard to do with so many choices).

If they are trying to increase sales, it may just backfire on them.
Super Contributor

Have you seen the prices lately? I've been watching new arrivals of different brands of clothing, and most are at least $50+. A few items are at $100+. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on an outfit that you can buy (a similar style) at Kohls, Penney's, or Macy's for a lot less. 

Yeah, this is kind of unfair to give new customers all these perks. Forget that. The prices are enough for me to say "do I really need that $75 shirt?". I'm finding that I don't spend as much at QVC and HSN like I used to spend. Even the clearance prices are higher than I want to spend. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lot of home shopping channels troll for new customers.  That's how they stay in business by offering deals to new shoppers.  I realize that makes loyal customers feel left out.  They could have a customer appreciation day for those customers who shop often..

customers.jpg

Valued Contributor

Well I'm a long time customer, since 1990. I did some thinking on this latest fiasco. Not long ago they offered a $50 credit for opening a Q card. Right? Isn't this free shipping deal the same thing? If you order 15 items at $3.50 ship it comes to $52.50. The Q sells more stuff this way but free shipping sounds more impressive. I still think we deserve a little something for our loyalty but I feel better reasoning it out. I still shop carefully.

Regular Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

Well I'm a long time customer, since 1990. I did some thinking on this latest fiasco. Not long ago they offered a $50 credit for opening a Q card. Right? Isn't this free shipping deal the same thing? If you order 15 items at $3.50 ship it comes to $52.50. The Q sells more stuff this way but free shipping sounds more impressive. I still think we deserve a little something for our loyalty but I feel better reasoning it out. I still shop carefully.

It is not 15 items. It is 15 orders. They could have numerous items in one order. 

Valued Contributor

@Josmad wrote:

@frenchie wrote:

It is not 15 items. It is 15 orders. They could have numerous items in one order. 

You may be right, but doubt that. The Q does not combine orders for shipping. They should clear this up. 

Contributor

All I know is I haven't even turned on the station since this last fiasco--absolutely no interest in buying from them--I will go to ebay and get the same clothes for $10 or more!!

Respected Contributor

@joy51 wrote:

All I know is I haven't even turned on the station since this last fiasco--absolutely no interest in buying from them--I will go to ebay and get the same clothes for $10 or more!!

Many of us keep QVC all day as part of our routine and have done so for 30 years. I may flip to HSN or ShopHQ but it would hard to just abandon them.

Respected Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

@Josmad wrote:

@frenchie wrote:

You may be right, but doubt that. The Q does not combine orders for shipping. They should clear this up. 

@frenchie the deal is for free shipping on 15 orders until 1/31/2023, not 15 items. You will get a code to input that will delete the total shipping cost of your order. And not all shipping is $3.50. Some Dooney bags have shipping as high as $11.72.