Trusted Contributor

express deliver charge isn't right !

Today, Saturday, Kirsten and Alberti were on @ 11:30 selling a lot of various items quickly, like a minute review on each one.  One of the items presented was a wooden puzzle box and they said if you ordered it before 12 noon today, you could get it in time for Christmas for an extra $3.00 charge.  That sounded good to me but when I went to order the box, the express delivery charge was 8 bucks instead of 3  !!  Not happy that QVC can't be honest about what they say !

Trusted Contributor

Re: express deliver charge isn't right !

@sarahpanda wrote:

Today, Saturday, Kirsten and Alberti were on @ 11:30 selling a lot of various items quickly, like a minute review on each one.  One of the items presented was a wooden puzzle box and they said if you ordered it before 12 noon today, you could get it in time for Christmas for an extra $3.00 charge.  That sounded good to me but when I went to order the box, the express delivery charge was 8 bucks instead of 3  !!  Not happy that QVC can't be honest about what they say !

I could be wrong but I understand that to mean an 'extra $3 charge' on top of the regular shipping price. 

@sarahpanda 

Trusted Contributor

@itsmetoo    I agree with you, an extra $3 on top of the regular shipping charge - but when I clicked on express delivery, it stated and extra ''$8'' charge instead of just the ''$3''...

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo  I think you must be right.  I watched a bit of yesterday's jewelry -  in the very early morning, I heard the hosts say there would be an EXTRA charge for Christmas delivery beginning at noon yesterday.  Can't imagine that would go away until after Christmas.

One of the things I know from my many years in the classroom is that some brains need to hear AND see to get us to the right answer.  I didn't used to be that person, but I am now;  really frustrating because I have to be near the TV if I'm ordering as something is presented, just to see the numbers --  or I have to order here on my laptop and check the total before I submit my order.  

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops  I knew there would be an extra charge for express delivery but the hosts stated the charge would be ''3'' dollars extra -- but when I went to place the order, there wasn't a ''''3'''' dollar option for express delivery, only an ''''8'''' dollar option.  I am so sorry this appears to be confusing.  

Trusted Contributor

@sarahpanda 

No need to apologize, I understand what you are saying now and since that is the case, no, it is not right.  For some reason it seems QVC still can't seem to get their act together this year.  I don't know what is going on with them but it's been going on far too long.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda   Are you in the eastern time zone?  I'm wondering if the noon deadline was EST and not Central or Pacific.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda 

so I was assuming the extra $3.00 would make MOST shipping charges from $6.oo - $6.5o?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I think if you kept going, it would have shown the extra 3.  Like when there is free shipping, it shows shipping until you get to the final screen to hit buy.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpandaok  now I am confused, too!    Are you saying that when you did the math, you were charged BOTH the $5 AND the $8 making the total S&H $13???