New Contributor

excessive shipping and handling charges

I was charged $12.45 shipping and handling to return a small necklace.  Appalling.  I paid off my account.  will not be rooked again.  hope the $12.45 was worth it to QVC to lose a customer of many years.

Trusted Contributor

Re: excessive shipping and handling charges

If you're a customer of many years you should be aware of using labels and return shipping fees.  They do not refund original S&H and you have the option of paying your way or using the label which clearly states the amount on the label and that it will be deducted from your refund.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You don't think the Executive's and their wives are living on the Philidelphia Main Line because of product sales, do you?

Their bread and butter is impulse buyers, and returns.

Contributor

i have to agree with you on this one they charged me 12.23 to ship back a ring out rageous! 

Honored Contributor

When i return something small and lightweight like jewelry, i take it to the post office and pay to mail it myself.  Then check to make sure QVC doesn't charge me a postage fee.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chatsworthCould you break down the costs?  Like what was the original S&H?  What did your label cost or your own mailing cost if you did it that way?  And then there's your own state tax which QVC has to collect according to your laws?   

Respected Contributor

I think somewhat forgotten is the fact that the QVC return label also includes insurance on the item being returned.

Any time I purchase jewelry that I do not keep, I always use the official return label. 

Purchasing insurance separately can be a costly process, especially if the piece has significant value. 

There are a few other shopping networks that do not provide return labels for higher priced items. The sender has responsiblity for loss of the cost of the item if there is no insurance.

I have had non-QVC packages damaged in the mailing process with the item lost, or never delivered. The USPS insurance claims process is burdensome, and I am very happy to give the responsibility to QVC!

Valued Contributor

Lately HSN has not been enclosing paid return label with the merchandise.

Evine never includes paid return labels.

I live way out in the boonies so I have to rely on the mail carrier.   Last week carrier didn't pickup my pkgs for 3 days; finally had to call main post office.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarkeieMark wrote:

You don't think the Executive's and their wives are living on the Philidelphia Main Line because of product sales, do you?

I'd hate to commute from the Main Line to West Chester every day.  That's quite a drive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I'd hate to commute from the Main Line to West Chester every day.  That's quite a drive.

I would drive @Kachina624 Woman LOL