Valued Contributor

This is the firsttime in being with QVC from the start, that I was totally ignored by CS.  They spoke to  me but very removed.  I received a Joan Rivers $60 sweater that was completely made inside out.  Couldn't believe it.  They said they weren't responsible and I was free to return.  It will take me awhile, if ever, to shop QVC.

Valued Contributor

Maybe I’m missing something??? You can return it for free, just be sure to mark defective. Plus, CS is correct- they aren’t responsible for it. Granted, it should have been caught by quality control, but CS can’t help that. 

Respected Contributor

You were probably speaking with a low wage person who may not have been trained very well. No quality or convenience anymore. Don't take it personally.

Honored Contributor

Re: disappointed

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, sometimes one person represents a whole company,  This is why every communication with clients is important and it is critical that QVC encourage their customer service employees to be helpful and polite.  I'll bet they do.

You may have connected with someone who was having a bad day and was not as engaging as you would have wanted. All of my communication with the customer service desk has been cordial and some have gone above and beyond.  There might be that one day where I reach a disgruntled employee, I would not base my opinion of QVC on that one employee.

Honored Contributor

Wow, the sweater was made inside-out?  Could you turn it inside-out so it would then be right-side-out?  Or do you mean the buttons etc. were on the outside of the garment, but unfortunately the outside of the garment should have been the inside?

Honored Contributor

I don't get it.  This is the "first time" the OP has been unhappy with CS, after being a customer "from the start" and that's enough to make her say she'll likely never shop with them again?

It sounds as if the CS rep told her the only possible solution - return it for a full refund, including her original shipping (or I'm sure a replacement, if that was her preference).  What else could the CS rep be expected to do?

What exactly did the OP expect?  QVC didn't make the sweater.  They cannot be expected to inspect every single item (garment or otherwise) that comes into their warehouse.  I'm sure they pull random samples, just like any other company would do.  But stuff still happens!

What has happened to people nowadays, that they expect nothing to ever go wrong or, when it does, to blame CS for what seems to be a perfectly reasonable response.  

I'm SMH wondering what else the OP required from the CS rep. 

Honored Contributor

Excellent response @Venezia.  You hit the nail on the head.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Venezia  Exactly what I was thinking.  Still shaking my head.

Valued Contributor

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well.  I loved the sweater, the color, the weight, the style but when I had it on, I thought something was off. then I noticed the knit..  I checked the discription to see if it was like some of Lori's clothes reverse knit but it didn't say that.  I called CS and she said that was what the swing knit meant, which didn't sound correct so I asked to speak to a supervisor to clarify  because if it was to be like that I didn't want to reorder.  It just didn't look right.  She said the person would call me back within 2 hours.  That was fine.  No call, so I tried the online chat but she coldn't answer my question so I called back and got someone.  She said she would send another sweater out so I could compare but the whole thing was too much.  I'm  aware of mistakes, I make them.  I was just trying to see how I could get a correct answer.  I tried it inside out and you couldn't wear it that way.  I hope you can see I just wanted the same sweater but not inside out.  You really jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Honored Contributor

What is the item number?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.