Trusted Contributor

I called last night to order an item and got a employee apparently working from home. She had a at least a couple of kids screaming and crying in the background so loud I could not hear her, so I told her I could not hear her and she screamed in my ear for her kids to shut up. 

I suggest maybe they bring everyone back instead of working from home.  Very unprofessional.  Maybe instead of having multiple hosts presenting on the same show they should be focusing on customer service.  Poor CS, untimely deliveries and errors to returns. Poor business practices, unfortunate since I have always liked the convenience of shopping at QVC. I hope these issues are adressed and remedied before you go out of business.

I agree with this posting. I have become very, very frustrated with QVC because of their

poor CS. Why have they stopped including the paper work with the orders???? Especially, why not include the return labels?????? Then when you call to ask for one to be mailed, they still fail to do this properly. I have had to ask up to 3 times for a return label and I get blank pages. This is not acceptable. The other shopping channels like HSN,. Shophq, and other stores that we can shop on line, all provide return labels to make it easier for the customers to do so.

If this terrible system continues I will have no choice but to stop shopping at the Q.

After 20 some years of being a loyal customer it would be a sad ending. Also, some of the CS representatives have mentioned to me that many, many customers are voicing their discontent because returns are becoming impossible to carry out. Not everyone has a printer or can drive to a Postal Annex to have one printed. I am a senior with mobility issues, live alone, and have no printer. By the way, I have to intention of purchasing one just because of QVC. 

Respected Contributor

I was under the impression that if you request a return label they will mail you one.

There are many online retailers that no longer send invoices or other paperwork.

Less unless paper for the vast majority of customers. Save a tree, save a shredder.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl I hope the powers that be see this. HMMM sales are down.

The long and winding road that leads to your door will never disappear.
Honored Contributor

Re: customer service

[ Edited ]

@Calcgirl wrote:

I called last night to order an item and got a employee apparently working from home. She had a at least a couple of kids screaming and crying in the background so loud I could not hear her, so I told her I could not hear her and she screamed in my ear for her kids to shut up. 

I suggest maybe they bring everyone back instead of working from home.  Very unprofessional.  Maybe instead of having multiple hosts presenting on the same show they should be focusing on customer service.  Poor CS, untimely deliveries and errors to returns. Poor business practices, unfortunate since I have always liked the convenience of shopping at QVC. I hope these issues are adressed and remedied before you go out of business.

Big deal if kids were in the background. It's called life. 

Trusted Contributor

The company I retired from, generously allowed employees one day a week to work from home about 7 years ago. 

There was a two page document that you had to sign specifying rules .........one of which was that if you had a child under the age of 8, you were required to hire a babysitter during working hours. We had headsets that tethered us to our computers, and an instant messaging app where they could see who was online, as well tracking the number of items you completed. Covid definitely changed all of that!

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

Really? It's a business, the op wasn't calling for a chat. 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

No, it's called unprofessional. 

Trusted Contributor

I really don't care if an employee works from home, however, screaming children are not acceptable for any business. I agree 100% that two hosts are not needed. I believe they could cut costs by using one host. They discontinued 24 hour live programming, one would assume this was due to a financial decision. I think the Q needs to reexamine the idea of one host. Pass this savings on to the customer as well as the craziness involved when two hosts get a little chatty and off topic. 

For years one host carried a 3 hour segment, sometimes 4 hours, totally by themselves, no other host and no other vendor.  From what I have read in these forums, seems like the majority of complaints regarding hosts come from a duo that seems to grate on people's nerves and they tune out. 

Respected Contributor

I called a company once, and the person must have been working from home.  I could hear her smoke alarm chirping in the background the entire call.

I wondered if I should tell her what that sounds was, or if she was too busy to deal with it at the time. 

......You look like I need a drink.....