Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I was under the impression that if you request a return label they will mail you one.

There are many online retailers that no longer send invoices or other paperwork.

Less unless paper for the vast majority of customers. Save a tree, save a shredder.

No, sorry.....customers want their receipts. If we need to print our own, it's not save a tree anymore. 

True @Effie54 

but not all of us are doing that!  I use to think I needed a receipt on everything.

For what?  To toss in 30 days when I have kept it?  What a waste.  I had mountains of paperwork going in the trash all the time.

The only receipts I print are for items that have a longer warranty.  L&L, Appliances, Diamonique etc.

Otherwise, I don't bother and have gotten over it.

I bet lots of us realized we just didn't need all that paperwork anymore.

If Wally, Target & Amz never send me a receipt, why should Q?

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i've had to end call and call back companies on a few occasions.

-  bad connection

- strange static noise

- i couldn't hear them

- they couldn't hear me

- i couldn't understand them 

ending for dogs barking or kids fussing would be no different

no biggie for me.   small things (most are)  don't bother me.   i save my angst for major issues

@TheMemphisVette 

WELL SAID

Respected Contributor

My sister in law worked from home for QVC and that was at least 15 years ago; so this isn't new. Not everyone will be brought back; especially if they were never there to begin with.

The kids in the background is a NO NO and they should not be around while she is working. It is unprofessional. 

A quiet room without interruption should be a requirement.

I live in an apartment building. One of my neighbors is a Professor.  She lives in a Studio apartment.
Her next door neighbor has mental issues and is very volatile and fights loudly in the hallway with her family members, and with anyone for that fact.

While she was conducting a class; the other neighbor went off. The loud neighbor was heard by the entire class.

The Professor was so embarrassed because it seemed like the commotion was coming from her own apartment. She was humiliated and went out to the hallway and told the neighbor what was happening with the class.

She hasn't the capacity to even care about the disruption.

She had to move into a closet to continue teaching the class!

If there's a will there's a way. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

I was under the impression that if you request a return label they will mail you one.

There are many online retailers that no longer send invoices or other paperwork.

Less unless paper for the vast majority of customers. Save a tree, save a shredder.

No, sorry.....customers want their receipts. If we need to print our own, it's not save a tree anymore. 

True @Effie54 

but not all of us are doing that!  I use to think I needed a receipt on everything.

For what?  To toss in 30 days when I have kept it?  What a waste.  I had mountains of paperwork going in the trash all the time.

The only receipts I print are for items that have a longer warranty.  L&L, Appliances, Diamonique etc.

Otherwise, I don't bother and have gotten over it.

I bet lots of us realized we just didn't need all that paperwork anymore.

If Wally, Target & Amz never send me a receipt, why should Q?

If I'm returning something, then I need a receipt. You do what you want. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't have an issue with the children, I have an issue with the woman screaming in my ear  for her kids to "shut up".  There is no excuse for that.

Regular Contributor

SORRY @CALMIN HEART, IF IT'S A PERSONAL CALL IT'S OK TO HAVE KIDS SCREAMING IN THE BACKGROUND BUT NOT ON A BUSINESS CALL.  JUST SAYING.

Valued Contributor

@CalminHeart  The poster concerns was how the customer service rep. yell in her ear, that is unacceptable and unprofessional. The proper solution would be to apologize to the customer and explain they are working from home and they have small children and politely ask if they could hold and calm the children down.  Example that QVC is not focusing on training and should have staff that is monitoring teleworkers (and maybe they are) and this problem will be taken care of.  If they do not have monitors they should just like someone monitors the Blogs & Forums.

Honored Contributor

Re: customer service

[ Edited ]

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@CalminHeart  The poster concerns was how the customer service rep. yell in her ear, that is unacceptable and unprofessional. The proper solution would be to apologize to the customer and explain they are working from home and they have small children and politely ask if they could hold and calm the children down.  Example that QVC is not focusing on training and should have staff that is monitoring teleworkers (and maybe they are) and this problem will be taken care of.  If they do not have monitors they should just like someone monitors the Blogs & Forums.

A lot is being made about this. As a mom, it wouldn't bother me if it happened once or twice. I'd probably laugh and sympathize with the rep. Kids are kids. Sometimes they get loud.

Empathy and kindness work better than complaining all the time.

Valued Contributor

@CalminHeart I dont think you get that it not a compliant about the kids, it was the way the rep yell in the ear of the caller.....kids will be kids....and adults should be adults and parents should be parents.....................

Honored Contributor

Re: customer service

[ Edited ]

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@CalminHeart I dont think you get that it not a compliant about the kids, it was the way the rep yell in the ear of the caller.....kids will be kids....and adults should be adults and parents should be parents.....................

Yes, I got it when I first read the OP's post. Every mom knows kids act up, sometimes at the worst possible moment. We have no idea what the cs rep's shift was like or if she'd had already talked to a lot of nasty customers. I prefer compassion over complaining about what I think is nothing.