Contributor

I am really upset with QVC customer service, my Mastercard expired on 07/20, I ..activated my new card same number just now it expires on 07/24. Now my old charges on Easy Pay won't just roll over to the new expiratlion date like it used to. I have made 5 calls into Customer Service because they say I have late easy pay payments. I have to go in and manually change them myself and I can't charge for at least 24 hours till it clears. I am so upset to say the least. In this day of everything done super fast they make you wait 24 hours. Has anyone else had this problem?

Honored Contributor

Re: customer service stinks

[ Edited ]

@Dustybird    Yes, I had the same problem, however I don't need anything so fast I can't wait 24 hours.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: customer service stinks

[ Edited ]

No matter who the retailer, I have  always had to manually update an expired card.  

Don't you  get sent a new card, with a new expiration date? 

I would never expect, or for that matter, want, a retailer, to automatically update my expired card.  How would they know, the new expiration date? How would they know, if I even, still,  had the card; I could have closed the account! 

Honored Contributor

@Dustybird I haven't, but I've never waited so long to update my card that I missed an EZPay due date.

I get that you're upset, but QVC could well say that customers who don't pay their loans on time are not good customers. EZPay is a loan! (I never really thought about a credit card being a loan until I called for help with one of mine some years ago and was referred to the loan departmen.)

I put a reminder to myself in my planning calendar so that I update my cards with the businesses that will need to know.  I check due dates on my cards each year as I start a new planner - only has to be done occasionally and definitely removes the irritation you have today.

Honored Contributor

I updated my bank credit card last January as soon as I got the new card and my easy pays rolled over with no problem.

Did you change the card's expiration date to the new date before your old card expired?  It wasn't clear to me from what you said.  If not, that might be the problem.  Their system isn't going to charge your easy pays on an expired card and the bank wouldn't accept them if QVC sent the charges.  

If you did update your card before the expiration date, then it might be a computer glitch.  QVC's CS reps are unable to handle issues like this. 

You could try calling QVC's billing department or better yet email QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

Honored Contributor

I recently got a new CC and a new bank card.  Both expired in August 2020.  I know that it is my job to go into websites that take auto payments monthly and change the expiration dates.

A few years ago I didn't and my pet health insurance policies expired for nonpayment.  It was a mess to straighten out.  I won't make that mistake again.

Customer Service is not allowed to change anything on your account file that you placed there.  Those must be done by the customer....with good reason.

Respected Contributor

So unless you have a large number of EP's, just go change it.  Not that big a deal if you ask me.  We have to take care of our lives, keep everything in order.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Valued Contributor

I always receive a notification that my credit card info needs to be updated for any memberships or easy pays.  I recently had to close my late husbands credit card that was used for something and they sent me an email that my c.c. information needed to be changed due to the prior one not being able to accept that charge.  If the c.c. is up to date and not expired it always automatically renews. 

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

There may be some confusion between a Credit Card and a store card.  Store cards, that can only be used at one merchant like QCard, HSN, Eddie Bauer, Best Buy etc and typically don't have expiration dates.  A credit cards can be used anywhere Visa, MC, Amex, Discover  are honored.  To add to the confusion Some Merchants like Amazon offer both an amazon card and an Amazon Credit Card (Visa)

I update my credit cards manually when I receive a new one. Most store cards I never need to bother with.