Contributor

Hello,

I placed an  ordered item no. A258918 Logo top a few minutes only had passed and wanted to cancel item,  tried to on computer, said order  to far along to cancel, in ONLY a few minutes, why? I called CS was told the same thing, I ask why, person said I do not know.

Please explain, I thave cancled items before with NO problem. very discouraged.

thank you

queen betty

Respected Contributor

I seriously think they have made some changes to try and deter shoppers from order cancellations. They know we do it because we can, and I think they are programming us by the changes hidden under the hood, so we only order if we "mean it". I have noticed many times that I can't order an item because it sells out during presentation, only to become available rather quickly, sometimes only an hour or two later. In the past, if an item sold out, I would no longer consider it a possibility. Then I started to check back and have seen this pattern. 

I have tried in the past two years to cancel several items, but was prevented from doing so. Not every time, but many. In a few instances, there are products that have never been used and sit in my house. The cost of returning is too great a percentage of the actual price of the item, and not worth the return. Once, I accidentally ordered the wrong size, and CS took care of that eventually, but they couldn't cancel the order right away either. In other cases, I had to wait 24 hours to be able to cancel an item. 

If I were to assume that their ordering / cancellation programming is as bad as that of the forums , then it could explain the lack of consistency, transparency, and general lack of robust  programming. But that is kind of scary for an operation as large as the Q, and the alarming security issues it raises is more troubling.. I don't know and I am certain based on past experience, that  I will not be informed of the causes of the problem. CS certainly  has no idea.

QVC Customer Care

@queen Betty wrote:

Hello,

I placed an  ordered item no. A258918 Logo top a few minutes only had passed and wanted to cancel item,  tried to on computer, said order  to far along to cancel, in ONLY a few minutes, why? I called CS was told the same thing, I ask why, person said I do not know.

Please explain, I thave cancled items before with NO problem. very discouraged.

thank you

queen betty

@queen Betty I'm so sorry, but the order cannot be canceled due to the fact that it was picked for shipment.  A note was placed on your account by the representative that you will not be charged the prepaid label fee if you decide to return the order. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: cancling orders

[ Edited ]

@queen Betty

This is a new thing for QVC!  I think it is in response to cancelling orders because of their horrible shipping,so they lock you in right away.

I would always cancel an item if it has not shipped within 3 days! But now I cannot, so my orders languish for 6/9 days ,going nowhere.  Smiley Sad

I may be mistaken but I do believe this is against the law! I think the law say's there must be x amt of  time (do not know how long) that  you can cancel an item (gonna go google it) 

@Wayne-QVC,I do believe you are  NOT telling this customer the truth !!!!  I seriously doubt that item was too far along to cancel!!! 

Keep this up QVC and you will surely go out of business quickly!

Respected Contributor

I noticed the very same thing.   I placed an order Sunday night 11/5 for 2 sets of tweezers and then found that I didn't need them and tried to cancel the next morning.....   it was less than 12 hours.  NOTHING DOING!   Yet,   they are still IN PROCESS.   I've been a Q shopper for 31 years, since the very beginning.  If I want to cancel within 12 hours and there is no intension of shipping shortly thereafter,  I should be allowed to cancel.  If you go past midnight with HSN, they don't let youi cancel, which is why (except for Andrew Lessman vits),   i NEVER shop with them.  

I don't cancel a lot, but when I want to with a short period, it should be allows, if the items has not been picked and shipping later that day.

Honored Contributor

It wouldn't be difficult to add a line of code to the program that states:

"IF item does not ship in XYZ amount of time THEN allow cancel mode"

Don't tell me it's ready to be shipped and THEN have it sit there for 3 plus days. How about when it sits for 1-2 WEEKS? COME ON. We're not stupid, QVC Big-Whigs. We know what game you're playing and it STINKS.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: cancling orders

[ Edited ]

I guess I was wrong.This law does not apply to shopping chanels.....................at least I do not think so.I did not "google on" for more info................................It mainly is for big ticket items and contracts!

@nyc1

At least you know that you have untill midnite to cancel on HSN.Here you have no time at all!  

Smiley Sad

Contributor

dear CS

then WHY does it still say order in PROCESS?  if it was to ship immediately?

thank you

queen betty

Respected Contributor

Well everyone,  that item that I tried cancelling first thing Mon morning but could not (in less than a 12 hour period) is STILL IN PROCESS, and it's WEDNESDAY!!!!! 

Occasional Contributor

I don;t know that could be the reason.