Trusted Contributor

big blowout special...item received not new

I purchased a pair of Frye boots from the blowout sale.  I received them today.  It was my understanding that the items for sale were brand new items...not as-is or returned items.  The boots that I received were a returned item.  In the box was a return slip.  And it had the correct item number so I know for sure it was for those boots.  I want to return these boots.  I realize these boots were at a sale price, however I still feel I should be able to return them because they were not a new item. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: big blowout special...item received not new

@ruthbe wrote:

I purchased a pair of Frye boots from the blowout sale.  I received them today.  It was my understanding that the items for sale were brand new items...not as-is or returned items.  The boots that I received were a returned item.  In the box was a return slip.  And it had the correct item number so I know for sure it was for those boots.  I want to return these boots.  I realize these boots were at a sale price, however I still feel I should be able to return them because they were not a new item. 

@ruthbe , do they look worn at all?  Is there anything wrong with them?  If you like them, they fit, and they don't look worn why not keep them?  If you buy shoes from a department store or shoe store, wherther on line or in store, there is always the possibility they are a return.  Even when you pay full price.

Trusted Contributor

the look scuffed up on parts of the boot.

Trusted Contributor

Plus......When you purchase them in a retail store at least you see them in person and you have the option of purchasing them as is or not purchasing them.  I didn't have the choice.  The choice was made for me.

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

@ruthbe  QVC typically sells many returned items.  I've gotten dozens of returned clothing items which have always been in pristine condition.  Thank goodness, as it has enabled me to get things I really wanted that were otherwise sold out.  They never guarantee you won't get a returned item, just as department stores don't.

Unless the items is damaged or defective, I'd keep it and be happy as I'm sure you got a good price. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Contact CS.  If they are "damaged" you can return them.

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe  Send an email to:

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Give them all the info and they will contact you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ruthbe  If I were you and received scuffed boots I would send them back as damaged.  As you correctly stated in a B&M store one is able to make an informed decision. I chose to not purchase "as is" because I cannot see it.  Bags and shoes you can tell if they are not factory wrapped.  If I receive, they go right back.  One big drawback to buying online IMO.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@ruthbe  If I were you and received scuffed boots I would send them back as damaged.  As you correctly stated in a B&M store one is able to make an informed decision. I chose to not purchase "as is" because I cannot see it.  Bags and shoes you can tell if they are not factory wrapped.  If I receive, they go right back.  One big drawback to buying online IMO.

@ruthbe The rules for the blow out items are she needs to contact CS if there is something wrong with them, not just send them back. Q will let her return the boots but she needs to contact CS or the Social Team here first.  Your post to her is misleading.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ruthbe wrote:

@ruthbe  today is the 9th and hope by now you have gotten in touch with CS or the Social Team about returning the item. 

No matter what some say, you don't have to keep them. They would, you don't have to because I wouldn't. Check Message #7 to get the email address for the Social Team. @Love my grandkids  posted it.