Super Contributor

I don't know if I caused it by clicking on the box mext to my name, but I cannot restore the avatar. 

Respected Contributor

@mantaraye  I see it there now.  Yesterday, lots of peoples' avatars were gone (on my end), but mine was still showing.  Today, I see the avatars are back on my screen.  I was also having a lot of other difficulties yesterday, like I couldn't create a new post, or even go to any of the specialty boards at all.  Today, all seems to be back to normal for me.  This site is wacky for sure.

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

Thanks very much, appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

I reported this on Wednesday. Every day since then, my avatar disappears again, and l have to restore it by starting from scratch. Some other peoples' avatars are also gone. I'm on an iPad.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: avatar disappeared

[ Edited ]

Hello?

Mine is suddenly MISSING too...see...I'm a ? mark.

Help.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Drythe wrote:

Hello?

Mine is suddenly MISSING too...see...I'm a ? mark.

Help.

Hi, @Drythe!  I see your avatar.   Try deleting browser cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser, and relaunch it.   I think the site has so many technical problems they keep trying to "update" it...  and each time they do that, our browsers start having problems and we need to clear everything out and start fresh.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Yes I noticed  today mine is gone as well. 

Honored Contributor

Re: avatar disappeared

[ Edited ]

SeaMaiden wrote:

I see your avatar, @SeaMaiden.    Try clearing cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser, and relaunch it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I see your avatar, @SeaMaiden.    Try clearing cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser, and relaunch it.

@dooBdoo 0h, OK.  I AM ON MY IPAD RIGHT NOW. MAYBE THAT IS WHY I DO NOT SEE IT. THANKS.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@dooBdoo 0h, OK.  I AM ON MY IPAD RIGHT NOW. MAYBE THAT IS WHY I DO NOT SEE IT. THANKS.

Hi, @SeaMaiden!   You're welcome!   I can see it on my iPad, too.   Be sure on the iPad to close all apps running in background (double tap "home" button, swipe away all the apps in background), then go to Settings, Safari, and Clear History and Website Data.