Valued Contributor

I hate to say it but I would have to really try hard not to watch the Q everyday  I go to my computer and see everything that was sold for the day  God forbid I missed something  I dont order everything I want but I do order too much  Just because I pay for it at the end of the month doesnt make the problem any better  So that is my backround  Ive been with Q for 31 years and with Hsn for about 11   If I found out tha the company was treating the hosts in a way they would want to quit I could easily get over my problem in one quick minute  I am so for fairness that it would superseede everything else  I love the HSN hosts and they are losong 3 of the best  I read alot about Bret last night after I heard the news  He has an acting backround so maybe he wants to return  I dont know but I will miss him  I also always assumed he had a wife  He I guess had a career before he came to HSN  He is so cute and refined as all the hosts are  Robin is a fabulous saleswomen sweet and just a doll  She I read met her husband 25 years ago on HSN  I didnt even think she was much older than that  Im concerned and I know for all of you that are ready to pounce on the letters and tell me that it isnt my business I agree but I have feelings for all of our hosts

Esteemed Contributor

I figure hosts with their 6 figure salaries can well take care of themselves.

I haven't watched in years but still order from time to time. 

No need to watch endless hours and go broke one EP at a time.

Honored Contributor

I keep it on sometimes just for sound.  I still live in the same house my late husband and I raised our 3 girls.  It's pretty big so I go from one end of it to the other (TV room to bedroom).

I enjoy being alone and I like the quiet...when I want it quiet.  (Most of you widows are probably the same way).  

Mostly, though, there's nothing on there about news and/or politics.  Living in Virginia (a few miles from DC) we get political news 24/7.  Just when you think you've avoided it, it pops it's ugly head up!  Ha!

On the Q everyone is happy because it's sell...sell...sell.  I'm not tempted to order much anymore because I have boxes I haven't even opened.

I was ordering everything and anything though.  I find when the seasons change I tend to do that.

I think it might mean I'm an optimist.  Ha!  I always think like I did when I was young...(You know..like, "I can do that and I can do this".  However, at the age of 72 with 2 fake knees and arthritis...my body says, "Whoa!  Back up and go sit your fanny down".  Ha!

Staying away from the Q though means I've watched shows I don't normally watch.  Right now I'm watching a live police show from across the country called..."Live.PD".  Not exactly uplifting but it's something I can walk out of the room and come back and don't feel like I've missed a plot, etc.

Actually, this past week I received a call from QVC telling me because I'm such a good customer (?) they have given me a special phone number to call when ordering (and this is a quote)...."So I can jump ahead of the line and order before others".  Swear to you.  I thought that was funny.

Talk about feeding 'a habit'.  Ha!

Honored Contributor
I'm only an occasional watcher, but I agree that hosts make a difference. Don't care for high pressure sales pitches.
Respected Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

I hate to say it but I would have to really try hard not to watch the Q everyday  I go to my computer and see everything that was sold for the day  God forbid I missed something  I dont order everything I want but I do order too much  Just because I pay for it at the end of the month doesnt make the problem any better  So that is my backround  Ive been with Q for 31 years and with Hsn for about 11   If I found out tha the company was treating the hosts in a way they would want to quit I could easily get over my problem in one quick minute  I am so for fairness that it would superseede everything else  I love the HSN hosts and they are losong 3 of the best  I read alot about Bret last night after I heard the news  He has an acting backround so maybe he wants to return  I dont know but I will miss him  I also always assumed he had a wife  He I guess had a career before he came to HSN  He is so cute and refined as all the hosts are  Robin is a fabulous saleswomen sweet and just a doll  She I read met her husband 25 years ago on HSN  I didnt even think she was much older than that  Im concerned and I know for all of you that are ready to pounce on the letters and tell me that it isnt my business I agree but I have feelings for all of our hosts

Brett is married and has two children.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
QVC Customer Care

@mollymaggie 

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feelings...we appreciate you as we do all our long term customers. Though I am a QVC employee, thank you on behalf of HSN as well!

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

I used to have it on a lot when my kids were little just for company. The risk is being pulled in and actually purchasing too much which I did for awhile. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t watch as much since I use an I-pad. But Christmas in July will be on soon! Then I’ll watch!

Respected Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Shopping channels and hosts have one goal. If customers get into financial trouble, the hosts aren't going to pay your bills. You say that you would stop shopping if hosts were not treated well. Why not stop anyway, and take a break?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie  I'm pretty sure I'm not addicted, but my DH and I feel ITKWD is a nice respite from all the haters on the "news" channels. We need to decompress sometimes.