Respected Contributor

Re: Wow :( Did you know this??

[ Edited ]

This is the truth!!  When I saw I had only been credited for those returned boots 80.00 instead of only deducting the 6.95 for the return shipping I called them earlier today.

I asked what was up with this. I was told it depends what you say on your return reason as to what you get as a credit!!

Instead of saying they didnt fit, I picked another option. So due to this it was minus ANOTHER 7.00!! No lie.

I am not happy with any of this.  Due to this return I was out 6.95 PLUS another 7.00!!!

Honored Contributor

Returning boots because they don't fit, means they weren't defective.  They simply didn't fit.  Had they been sent back for an exchange, the replacements would've been sent out at for no extra shipping charges.

Perhaps @FlowerBear could explain in more detail why she thinks she's had her refund reduced beyond simply the deduction of the shipping charges?

Respected Contributor

Did you include the shipping you paid to get the boots to you? You are not returned that unless the boots were defective or QVC sent the wrong item.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia   I was told this on a call ealier to customer service that it depends on the reason for return as to what you will get credited!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the truth!!  When I saw I had only been credited for those returned boots 80.00 instead of only deducting the 6.95 for the return shipping I called them earlier today.

I asked what was up with this. I was told it depends what you say on your return reason as to what you get as a credit!!

Instead of saying they didnt fit, I picked another option. So due to this it was minus ANOTHER 7.00!! No lie.

I am not happy with any of this.  Due to this return I was out 6.95 PLUS another 7.00!!!

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

@Venezia   I was told this on a call ealier to customer service that it depends on the reason for return as to what you will get credited!

@FlowerBear- I got interrupted before I finished posting, so didn't realize you had replied already.  Sorry about that!

However, I think that others are correct that the additional that was deducted was the original S&H.  This policy has been in place for years now.  Perhaps the CS rep just didn't explain it very well?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

@FlowerBear the reason for return will only affect if you get all of your shipping back. Other than that regardless of what you put on the label you will get back what you paid for the item and taxes. Ex, if the item is defective or the wrong item sent then you would get back all shipping fees paid. If you didn't want the item for any other reason then you pay original shipping and return shipping.

Respected Contributor

wow i didnt know this. i will not be ordering anything from qvc now unless it something i know for sure i will be keeping

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear wrote:

wow i didnt know this. i will not be ordering anything from qvc now unless it something i know for sure i will be keeping

@FlowerBear- A lot of us feel the same way.  It gets very expensive, if you return something for any reason other than "defective" or "sent wrong item".  (And the hosts should no longer be saying "Try it; you have nothing to lose."  Yes, we do!)

It used to be that you'd at least get the original S&H back, but no more.  Sorry you found out the hard (expensive) way.  I stopped ordering shoes from QVC years ago, when they instituted this new policy.  And I only order clothes from lines I'm familiar with for the sizing.  I've had to exchange things a couple of times, but even that gets tedious.

Hope you have a good rest of your day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

QVC's practice is not to refund shipping/handling fees but the total cost of item including tax is always refunded.  @FlowerBear -What happened differently for you?

No that is not what the Q refunds. They only refund in full,with Shipping/handling if the item is defective!....or if QVC sent you the wrong size or color

anything else is your fault and you pay s/h

(btw, sorry about  my shouting...something is stuck here)   lol