New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Worst shopping experience ever . . .

I ordered a Fire Stick on Sep. 6th. The estimated arrival was 13th. Guess what? nothing. It wasn't even shipped. It is still pending on my CC.
I go onto chat support. They say it will be shipped. I ask to have it canceled. They say that cannot be done, but they will try.
I contact chat again on the 16th to get an update. The agent says it will be shipped soon and cannot be canceled. Soon after ending that conversation, I get an email from PayPal that there is a new pending charge for that same item!
About 4 hours after I recontact chat. They say the system is down so they cannot check where that authorization came from! Amazing! 
I called at 10:15 pm. This agent is now telling me that the first authorization was to check the credit card for the funds and the second is to do the charge once the item is shipped! So now there are two pending charges on my CC and in PayPal for one item that has not been shipped yet!
This new agent said she will try to put in the cancellation and the original payment will be reimbursed. I will receive the original amount. I am trying to tell her that there are two authorizations, but she seems not to understand what I'm saying. She is still insisting that only the original amount will be released!
As always PayPal is absolutely no help in these circumstances.

First and last (attempted) purchase from QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Worst shopping experience ever . . .

Ask for a moderator on this forum to intervene; next time order your fire stick directly from Amazon ( you will have it the next day with free shipping.

Respected Contributor

@Jose123456 

I wouldnt worry about your money at all.  The Q is not a thief.

So sorry you are frustrated but you have to understand that this product probably ships from the manufacturer and not from the Q's warehouse.  Most of the time the Q is just the order taker.

Hope that helps

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

if you ordered it from Amazon, you would have received it in 2 or 2 days, without Prime.  The next day with Prime and free shipping.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree Well he didn't so that's not at  all helpful in his situation.

Honored Contributor

@Jose123456   Virtually every internet merchant does a pre-authorization check to make sure your credit account is viable.  No funds are removed and a hold is released in 3 or 4 days, according to your bank's policy.  The actual charge is done when the item ships.  In your case, your item was undoubtedly shipped by Amazon. 

This procedure is not unique to QVC. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Welcome to the forum @Jose123456.

"This agent is now telling me that the first authorization was to check the credit card for the funds and the second is to do the charge once the item is shipped! So now there are two pending charges on my CC and in PayPal for one item that has not been shipped yet!"

"This new agent said she will try to put in the cancellation and the original payment will be reimbursed."

I believe the first CS agent is partly wrong. The second, I don't know what that one is doing.  You have not actually been charged since your order is still in process, so why is the second CS agent trying to refund one of the pending authorizations?  She can't do that because you haven't been charged by QVC.

I don't know why your card was checked for authorization twice (pending) for one order, but QVC will only charge you one time when your order is shipped.  Since your order is still in process, you have not been charged. The pending authorizations will disappear.

Just keep an eye on your credit card.  You will see the actual charge when your order is shipped.  Pendings may remain for a few days, but they will eventually disappear.  If they don't, contact your bank, not PayPal.  

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee, the way I'm reading it is that it is very possible the account was not checked twice. More probable is the first charge was the mere pre-authorization check and the second the actual charge when the item shipped.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Foxxee, the way I'm reading it is that it is very possible the account was not checked twice. More probable is the first charge was the mere pre-authorization check and the second the actual charge when the item shipped.

@Etoile308 

The OP said:

"So now there are two pending charges on my CC and in PayPal for one item that has not been shipped yet!"

QVC only charges when the item is shipped, not before.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I understand that. That's why I think it's quite possible that item actually has shipped.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've received emails from QVC telling me my item has shipped and I had already received it days prior to the email or the info in the order status. I don't think their shipping information is always accurate.