Contributor

Re: Worst customer service experience ever from QVC

@DrakesMomma Ha! That’s too funny. I feel your pain.  My middle son and I are like that. He is also into photography. I remember when it was only manual and not digital! Sometimes I sure miss being in the dark room. It was so soothing, but there are aspects of the digital world that are certainly nice! 

Trusted Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@Sitchey: No reason for me not to believe you. I would have been so angry.

Years ago I bought something not at all expensive from HSN. The box arrived empty.

So, of course I called their CS and talked to a young man about it. He didn’t believe me that it was empty. What? Well, you could be lying to get out of paying. Couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I laughed but kept pushing when he finally relented. Offered to resend but told him to keep it and credit my account.

Stopped me from buying from them for a several years. 

Anyway, I don’t doubt your story. Since QVC confirmed they called you and the time, it wasn’t a scam which I thought at first also.

@Sadiesadie I had a similar experience with HSN.  A few years ago, I was relatively new to shopping with them.  I ordered to sets of mercury glass candlesticks, and one of the sets was broken.  I wasn't sure if I should send back both sets or just the broken set, because they were both in the same order.  So I called customer service, and they told me to use their return label and only return the broken set.  I said that I wanted a replacement set, not a refund, and to my surprise, they told me that were immediately shipping me a new set.  I thought it was a little odd that they were going to send me a replacement before receiving the broken set, but I was happy that I wouldn't have to wait for the turn around for them to receive the broken set before shipping the replacement.  

I immediately went to the post office, and, as always, I had the post office worker scan the return label off the box and give me a receipt which has tracking.  About 3 months later, I received a phone call from a very smarmy HSN employee who accused me of never returning the broken set.  He mentioned the time and date of the original phone call.  I pulled the return receipt out of the drawer where I keep all my shipping receipts, and read him the tracking number while going to the USPS site myself to type in the number while I was on the phone with him.  I asked him if he thought it odd how when you put in the tracking number, it shows that I had shipped something to HSN within 15 minutes of the date and time he quoted of the previous phone call, and how it states that HSN received the item.  His smarminess seemed to melt away pretty quickly.  You would think customer service representatives would be told during their training that customers do keep records.

Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ She didn’t ask for any info, but I did reach out to her through email. Why? 

Honored Contributor

@Sitchey wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ She didn’t ask for any info, but I did reach out to her through email. Why? 

@Sitchey.  Yes, that is what she wanted. Just wanted to make sure you reached out to her instead of waiting for the returned phone call.

Contributor

Ok, thank you. Sorry, I feel a little on edge after all the accusations today. I hate this, I am not normally paranoid with people’s intentions, but today has been terrible. Hopefully I will hear back from her soon. I would love for all of this to be behind me. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Sitchey - I also miss the darkroom and the entire process of developing film and making prints.  I was in the darkroom so much I developed an allergy to the chemicals.  I was suppose to wear gloves.  That lasted about 2 minutes.  So far, I haven't developed an allergy to digital.  If I do, it's over for me.  All over.  Smiley Wink

Contributor

@DrakesMomma Oh no! What a terrible allergy to have! And yes, I think you’re safe with digital! 😜

Contributor

@Alice-QVC I sent you two emails. I just realized that I sent it from a different account than my QVC account, but my QVC account is the exact same email address except at Yahoo instead of the one I emailed you from, in case you need that to search my account info. 

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been closed for commenting

@Sitchey is being taken care of offline.