Contributor

Worst customer service experience ever from QVC

I would like to share this experience with everyone in chat and see if they have also noticed a decline in QVC and their “customer service”. This all began when I bought a camera on easy pay recently. There were a lot of misunderstandings and QVC didn’t reach out and give me any info. Needless to say, I did end up getting the camera well over 3 weeks later. Now, that’s all fine and well. But here is where the issue kicked up with QVC. When I did finally receive this camera I decided to order a nice lens to go with it. That’s when the worst experience of my life with QVC occurred. I left a comment on the lens page, so I will C&P it here and put astricks around it so you know where the original comment begins and ends. Then I will add in a few more details below it.            

* I just ordered this on Easy Pay because I also ordered the Canon 5d Mark IV and upon receiving it yesterday, I decided that I would go ahead and order an L Series lens to use with it. However, about 30-45 minutes after I ordered I receive a phone call from a number in PA. The lady didn’t say who she was or where she was from and instantly said, “You need to pay for your most recent order upfront or it’s canceled”. I said, “Who is this”. In an incredibly annoyed voice she told me “QVC”. I said I didn’t understand why and she said that I have bought too many high ticket items and they won’t process this one. I said, please review my account. I have never been late on a payment and have shopped with you guys for years and then I asked to speak to a manager. She said, “I am the one with authority to make this decision and I am not changing it, you need to pay upfront or it’s canceled”. At this point I ask why she sounds so angry from the get-go and this isn’t good customer service and she says, “I am not in customer service and I am also not changing my mind, it’s my call to make”. I said if that’s the case and if I am paying up front I would just order straight from Canon where this same lens is on sale for $1099. I then ask her what her name is and she hangs up on me. I am done with QVC. The customer service has become horrific and that call was so rude and so insulting. I was treated so poorly and she acted as if I was a criminal. She called so soon after I made the order that there is no way she would have had time to look into my history with QVC to see that I am a long time customer who has always been in good standing. Nope, she dove in head first without checking the waters and was horribly rude and I have never been treated like a criminal before by anyone. I am so hurt and so offended and will not continue my dealings with QVC. Not unless something is done. This woman should not be working for QVC and if you guys don’t start cleaning ot house, your business will nose dive. Many people have commented on the lack of quality control and customer service. Then again, how can one expect quality control with material items when you guys don’t even have quality control with some of your employees you hire. I am utterly disgusted at how I was treated and Since QVC makes it to where you cannot speak to anyone higher up, I will make sure everyone with an ear hears about my experience. I hope someone cares enough to reach out and make this right, but I won’t hold my breath. BTW, I ordered this lens through Canon for far less. You guys lost that sale.*

So, that was the incident that ensued when I attempted to order the lens. This lady called me within 30-45 minutes of my order without even bothering to look into the history I have had with QVC. I finally reached someone at that office and she reviewed my account and said there was absolutely no reason I should have been denied for easy pay and that my account was not too high and she doesn’t understand why this lady said as much. Then she attempted to apologize for the ladies actions, but that honestly felt condescending. I then knew I was being placated. I was polite to her, but told her that I wanted to continue to run this up the chain, because someone needs to know what went on and change their practices. So, I am now waiting with baited breath to hear from a manager, which I doubt will ever happen, because I am beginning to doubt that there are any. If you have ever tried to speak with one, you will know what I mean. I have left a review on the BBB and I intend to continue this until there is a resolve. That was a horrible experience and I did not deserve to be treated as a criminal and low life. 

Super Contributor

Re: Worst customer service experience ever from QVC

How awful to be treated like that . 

We all think as we are nice loyal customers that QVC will be nice back , but as a business they are going down and I have been with them a long time too .

They need to change , years ago they were a top notch place to shop with very happy customers .

Trusted Contributor

I guess my first question would be what is the story with why the camera took 3 weeks to get?  Second, how did you pay for the camera?  Do you shop with a Q card, pay with a check, have a credit card on file, etc?  

Honored Contributor

1st thought 

New poster the is a ploy for attention

2nd thought

In 25 years of doing business I have never been called by QVC, they do all their correspondence via e mail or USPS

3rd thought 

Why in the world would any one buy a camera and a lens on QVC they are at least 40% more expensive than other places

4th thought

We are being punked

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

I agree. I still feel sick to my stomach over it. I have never been treated this way and would never steal, so the implication that I would do as much after years of loyalty made me feel horrible. What’s worse is how they seem to not even care how I was treated. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sorry that’s what you assume of my situation, but your assumptions are not true at all. I ordered through QVC for the convenience of easy pay. Just as many do. I am sorry your view of people is so instantly negative. I thought the world of QVC too until this experience. It hurts worse when you have been a loyal customer for years, so I hope you don’t have the same experience and if you do, I hope you are believed. And yes.....they do call. I did a simple search of the number that called me out of Chesterville, PA and found that many people have received calls from them. This is their finance department. I have already been treated as a criminal by QVC today, now according to you I am a liar. 

Also, plenty of people purchase cameras and lenses from QVC, unless you think all those purchases are fake too. I am guessing you are a regular contributor in this group and spend most your time on here, so you felt it humorous to bully the new person. Lovely....Do I sound like an uneducated oaf that is doing this for fun? Hardly!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sitchey wrote:

I am sorry that’s what you assume of my situation, but your assumptions are not true at all. I ordered through QVC for the convenience of easy pay. Just as many do. I am sorry your view of people is so instantly negative. I thought the world of QVC too until this experience. It hurts worse when you have been a loyal customer for years, so I hope you don’t have the same experience and if you do, I hope you are believed. And yes.....they do call. I did a simple search of the number that called me out of Chesterville, PA and found that many people have received calls from them. This is their finance department. I have already been treated as a criminal by QVC today, now according to you I am a liar. 

Also, plenty of people purchase cameras and lenses from QVC, unless you think all those purchases are fake too. I am guessing you are a regular contributor in this group and spend most your time on here, so you felt it humorous to bully the new person. Lovely....Do I sound like an uneducated oaf that is doing this for fun? Hardly!

Ugh, yes.    Ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

1st thought 

New poster the is a ploy for attention

2nd thought

In 25 years of doing business I have never been called by QVC, they do all their correspondence via e mail or USPS

3rd thought 

Why in the world would any one buy a camera and a lens on QVC they are at least 40% more expensive than other places

4th thought

We are being punked

@I am still oxox, QVC does call customers. I have seen many posts on here from the Mods asking if they could call someone to talk about something they posted.

Honored Contributor

Sorry this happened to you. They should have this call recorded right? I hope someone reviews what happened and takes proper action with this employee.
Valued Contributor

Could the phone call be a scam?  Someone that wanted your credit card info to take money from you? 

Just a thought.