Valued Contributor

Wondering why your order hasn't shipped yet, here's why...

The text below has been taken in part from a posting by a member of the QVCSocialTeam in response to an inquiry by a customer.  Since QVC doesn't seem to see the value in communicating with its customers about the shipping delays, allow me to share what I have learned.

Read fast because this is likely to be zapped!

...The fulfillment centers are undergoing an overhaul to modernize all their processes. Unfortunately this has caused all of these delays.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wondering why your order hasn't shipped yet, here's why...

When any organization is making changes for the better, there are going to be pain points along the way. 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

When any organization is making changes for the better, there are going to be pain points along the way. 

@SurferWife  I am not against change, but once these issues developed I feel it should have been communicated to us what was going on.  I think QVC 'owes' us that much.  Heck without us there'd be no need to upgrade their systems.

Respected Contributor

@Snowhite714 @SurferWife  

I actually agree with both of you...there will be some pains with upgrading and change but the customer should know in advance so that they can make an informed decision as to whether to buy now or wait until the upgrade has been completed. I would want to know, at the time of ordering, if an item will ship weeks later. I may need the item sooner and this information would then give me the opportunity to go elsewhere to purchase.

Respected Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

The text below has been taken in part from a posting by a member of the QVCSocialTeam in response to an inquiry by a customer.  Since QVC doesn't seem to see the value in communicating with its customers about the shipping delays, allow me to share what I have learned.

Read fast because this is likely to be zapped!

...The fulfillment centers are undergoing an overhaul to modernize all their processes. Unfortunately this has caused all of these delays.

If the original shipping system took (on average) 4 to 5 days, what improvements were they looking for?  Did they lay off all of their previous employees in shipping and go for cheaper new hires?  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I think people are not so much upset with the shipping delays as they are with lack of communications by the Q's top brass.  We are a loyal, understanding group, for the most part, and are fully capsble of understanding the concept of "growing pains".  It's a shame that management has chosen to not make the customers a partner in transitioning to the next phase.

I can only guess at how frustrating it must be to be an employee in customer service having to deal with irate customers but having no information to impart.  They probably feel like fools.  It's an extremely difficult period for them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@Snowhite714 @SurferWife  

I actually agree with both of you...there will be some pains with upgrading and change but the customer should know in advance so that they can make an informed decision as to whether to buy now or wait until the upgrade has been completed. I would want to know, at the time of ordering, if an item will ship weeks later. I may need the item sooner and this information would then give me the opportunity to go elsewhere to purchase.

@GAQShopr53 @SurferWife These warehouse upgrades have been going on for a year. I believe QVC needs new leadership. Things have been out of control for a while now. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered an item from Sephora. Their orders are backed up due to their sale. They have emailed me the reason for the delay. QVC has to start communicating with their customers if there is a problem. 

Trusted Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I ordered an item from Sephora. Their orders are backed up due to their sale. They have emailed me the reason for the delay. QVC has to start communicating with their customers if there is a problem. 

@Janey2  I believe this modernization project they started a year ago has gotten out of hand. Customer Service has been giving the same canned statement. I think they aren’t communicating any better because they don’t know what to do to fix the problem.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with everyone about the dismal communication.   In addition, it seems to me that Qurate has chosen to make far too many changes either simultaneously or in quick succession.   This can be a deadly combination for any business and it makes absolutely no sense at all.

@Snowhite714,  Thanks for posting and keeping everyone informed.thumbs up gif I'm not sure why you're concerned that your original post will be zapped...  the info you posted from the response in the other thread is still there so you should be A-OK!😊  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova