Honored Contributor

are sitting on that ship in the Suez canal that can't move it's bogged down in the mud or something.

QVC will never be able to compete with other companies when it comes to getting out orders. Just not in the cards for them. I ordered the cup holder back when David first had it on TSV. Got it in burgundy had a arrival date and everything. 

Then, they said now burgundy is on waitlist guess the herd took it away from me I don't want to wait 45 days , so, told them to send it to me in gray I can do without burgundy, ok, so, they redid the order to the ugly gray and charged me full price instead of the TSV price.

I caught it and told them about it, they took off the 2 dollars and change . I hope they send it before the herd takes the grey from me too and I'll have to re order in whatever color is left.

Only at QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder if my last 2 items

Wouldn't items from China most likely be shipped across the Pacific?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

The LocknLock container I just received in about 4 days came from South Carolina.  It was, however,  manufactured in Vietnam. 

Honored Contributor

Don't know.   I was trying to make a point in how long I have to wait just to get an item processed and compared it to the stalled ship.

Honored Contributor

The canal provides the shortest possible route for ships travelling between Asia and Europe, with the only alternative being to sail around the Cape of Good Hope - adding 14 days and 5,000 nautical miles to the journey

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

If something was made in Asia, it would be shipped East across the Pacific and arrive at a West Coast port.  The Suez Canal would be way out of the way. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I read an article this morning that the ship that is stuck contains wood pulp to be used in the manufacture of toilet tissue and other household goods.

It could lead to another shortage. One third of the wood pulp worldwide used for toilet paper comes from this region.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie    Must be from Africa.  Can't image anywhere in Saudi Arabia, Egypt or the Middle East where they'd have that many trees. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I read an article this morning that the ship that is stuck contains wood pulp to be used in the manufacture of toilet tissue and other household goods.

It could lead to another shortage. One third of the wood pulp worldwide used for toilet paper comes from this region.

I read the same thing @Carmie   With 20,000 containers on the stuck ship and all the ships backed up there are bound to be shortages, not to mention the economic impact.