Contributor

Will my new name show up.....

Let's see...

Contributor

Re: Will my new name show up.....

I see that it hasn't.

So sorry about this, @Nancy Drew.

I've truly lost my patience with this.  Obviously it's my fault that I cannot seem to correct the situation.  I've been given excellent instructions by the mods and other posters here yet I cannot seem to fix this conundrum.   

So I'll stop posting and go away for now.   (until I can approach this like an adult and not a peevish, pouting, impatient baby, lol)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What is this about? ND has been posting for a long time.

*edited to add that I realize she has a 1 in her name*

Respected Contributor

OP was unable to log in under her name of choice but the option of Nancy Drew came up so she chose it. She’s been trying to change it to avoid confusion with poster Nancy Drew1.  @mods can you assist? @Nancy Drew no reason to go away, 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I see that it hasn't.

So sorry about this, @Nancy Drew.

I've truly lost my patience with this.  Obviously it's my fault that I cannot seem to correct the situation.  I've been given excellent instructions by the mods and other posters here yet I cannot seem to fix this conundrum.   

So I'll stop posting and go away for now.   (until I can approach this like an adult and not a peevish, pouting, impatient baby, lol)

@Nancy Drew No apologies necessary. Not your fault. What ever happens, happens. Don't stop posting! Not necessary! We have different avatars so biggie.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I changed my name earlier this month but it still shows my old one as well. If it's a glitch, I hope they fix it soon. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew,  I'm sorry the name change didn't take effect.   I hope you won't stay away from posting -- as mentioned in the other threads, perhaps you can regain access to your original @antiquarian account since it might only involve a password update.   At any rate, please don't give up...  you're valuable to us.❤️

It seems to me that now there are several posters reporting the same problem  -- you, and @ThinkingOutLoud, and @Mimi 1883, and, I think, @godi, and maybe more.   

(Entering brain fog territory and memory lapse time!😜😉) 

At this point, this website evidently has another user file bug to add to the growing list.   I don't hold out much hope the IT support group will fix this, but I'll put together a report and pass it along in case someone in the tech group might take and interest.

I'm sorry this problem has cropped up -- that's got to be frustrating not to be allowed to make the nickname change.   Take care, everyone.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much, Nancy Drew 1, for being supportive and understanding.  Thanks to everyone here, it is much appreciated.

I tried today to change my name yet again (with a new thread on Q Talk and thought it "took" but it didn't)  Still "Nancy Drew".  I am beyond frustrated.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew@Nancy Drew@tucsongal,

I reported this problem in an email message to the QVC Social Team asking them to forward it to the IT department.   Unfortunately, these issues seem to get little attention from the IT staff and, as we know, in recent months all the support staffs appear to be working with a smaller crew.

I think it's important for them to investigate -- it's one in an increasing list of problems, dating back to about November 2018, that point to a user file database failure, and until and unless their IT support group decides to give it attention I think we're only going to see more glitches crop up.

I'm sorry for those who are experiencing this.  All we can do is hope that eventually tech support will pay attention.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew,  You might consider adding a signature ("siggy") to your account to clarify your nickname concerns.  That way, it will display at the bottom of all of your posts.

I saw on another thread you felt you needed to stop posting since the forum software will not reflect your name change -- I hate to see that stopping you from sharing with us.  You and your contributions are valuable.❤️❤️❤️

To add a siggy, on the left side of the Community under "Quick links" choose "My Settings" or "Edit my preferences." 

Look under "Personal Profile" and under that "Personal Information." (This screen shot is old so it displays my older siggy.)

Signature

If you want to help the siggy stand out, there are some formatting options.

To italicize, precede the signature with <em> and end it with </em>.

If you want the signature in bold, precede it with <b>  and add </b> at the end.

If you want to be creative with the siggy and add color, this is a copy of the instructions I've been posting since we moved to the new platform:

Precede the signature with

<font color="nameofcolor">

but don't use "nameofcolor" literally...   fill in the color's actual name between those quotation marks.  

You can end with </font> but actually the system will fill that in for you.

Link to all the color names:
http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

As an example,  here's how I typed my current siggy with HTML code (I chose to make it a dark black, bold, and italicized).:

<font color="black"><em><b>⭐️“When all of this is over, one thing that will really matter is how well we treated each other.” (source undetermined)⭐️</b></em></font>