Super Contributor

Re: Why won’t QVC honor the 90 day extended return policy in effect for purchases made through May 3

[ Edited ]

This is STILL clearly stated online under the return policy:

QVC® Extended Return Policy

As we navigated the early stages of the COVID-19 situation together, we extended our 30-day return policy to 90 days for orders placed February 1 - May 31, 2020. Our standard 30-day return policy is effective June 1, 2020.

So we do have it in writing from them!  My guess is the software wasn't rewritten and it is kicking it out and they aren't overriding the system to accept. 

Have  any of you had returns accepted or is this hit or miss meaning sometimes accepted and sometimes rejected.    And are they charging you another shipping charge when they send back to you?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why won’t QVC honor the 90 day extended return policy in effect for purchases made through May 3

@Yesme This info is listed under Customer Service & Faq's at bottom of the page:

QVC® Extended Return Policy

As we navigated the early stages of the COVID-19 situation together, we extended our 30-day return policy to 90 days for orders placed February 1 - May 31, 2020. Our standard 30-day return policy is effective June 1, 2020.

I never understand how QVC gets things so complicated when it's listed there in black and white.  Good luck.

Contributor

@Venezia

The policy was clear.  Through May 31, you could place an order, receive it (whenever), and from the day of receipt, you had 90 days to return it.  You can't be suggesting that on June 1, when they reverted to their typical 30 day return policy, that would somehow cancel the offer in effect when you made the purchase.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yesme wrote:

@Venezia

The policy was clear.  Through May 31, you could place an order, receive it (whenever), and from the day of receipt, you had 90 days to return it.  You can't be suggesting that on June 1, when they reverted to their typical 30 day return policy, that would somehow cancel the offer in effect when you made the purchase.

@Yesme - No, that is not what I'm suggesting.  All I was saying was that (for example), if you received an item on February 15th, you had 90 days from that date to return it.

That it didn't mean you had 90 days from May 31st for all orders placed during the extended return period, if that makes any sense?

I think the suggestions of other posters, that QVC didn't amend its software for the warehouse procedures, means that returns may be getting kicked out in error.

But none of us will have the answer to that.  The Social Team might.

Contributor

I don't want to be Don Quixote here.  But after the efforts I've made, I would like to think that others can benefit from my making a stink, as it were.  Once my final gift cards are used, I'm done.  

The rest of you, hopefully, will be able to still enjoy what used to be a simple diversion for me.  When my sweet mother was still alive, she used to encourage me to treat myself, because she knew I always thought of my children first.  Call me crazy, but I used to feel a bit closer to her when I did so.  

Valued Contributor

@Yesme I'm a big believer in treating myself too! With so many online shopping outlets available I hope you will find someplace to treat yourself to something very special as often as possible!!
Valued Contributor

They did & I am disgusted!!! Do not offer something if you aren't going to follow through.  As far as the 90 day policy I believe it was an out right lie. I guess they don't want customers! If I were a host I would be ashamed to work for QVC. 

Valued Contributor

I think that's why customer service when you can actually talk to someone is down. In fact I think I will contacting your crdit card & filing a dispute may help if everyone would do it!

Esteemed Contributor

I do find it interesting that suddenly QVC is advertising on news-specific channels.  I watch CNN and MSNBC frequently,

and these ads are something new.  

I am a bargain shopper, and I do love to explore other mail order options.  One of my favorite catalogs for unusual and fairly priced jewelry and decorative items is Uno Alla Volta.

Trusted Contributor

You can't speak for other people, as, you can't know, what circumstances, might affect their issues. 

So, maybe you can explain, with more information, what's happened to you.